Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have previous experience with the Tesla delivery process? Specifically, when are vehicle registration numbers assigned? I presume that we need this to purchase insurance ahead of delivery.
1 to 2 weeks before. You can quote insurance by manually entering model information, rather than reg number, and purchasing using the VIN rather than reg - but you may have to call them rather than just completing online.

Reactions: Sanjiv
Good to see VINs being allocated. I've ordered mine via NHS salary sacrifice scheme (vivup->Tusker), therefore can't check for hidden VIN. Currently still shows delivery window 1-13 Dec. Would probably be earlier if the hidden VIN was actually available. No good way to check I assume ?

Didn’t realise there is no 360 park view till now .
Wife will be furious if there are no sensors and no 360.
Unfortunately I may now be forced to cancel order!
So what do we use to park. Just cameras that can’t see the ground when close to the car and beep when they think we’re close?

This suggests a lot of scenarios where they won’t work and we have less than this vehicle.

Last edited:
Good to see VINs being allocated. I've ordered mine via NHS salary sacrifice scheme (vivup->Tusker), therefore can't check for hidden VIN. Currently still shows delivery window 1-13 Dec. Would probably be earlier if the hidden VIN was actually available. No good way to check I assume ?
I am also SS via Tusker but have no more clarity other than 'Mid December' and 'Released from Factory' on the MyCar page on the Tusker website. When and what spec have you got on order, out of interest? 22nd Feb, black/black, no FSD here.

Hello! Anyone else annoyed by the lack of floor mats in the Tesla store… seems odd to me. Or does everyone just buy after market mats ….
I just bought a set of Model Y original carpets (Not rubber) which the Leeds SC had to order in, think they came from Birmingham If memory serves me correct.

They are listed as "Not in stock" but if you contact them directly they will get you a set next day delivery. 👍

So what do we use to park. Just cameras that can’t see the ground when close to the car and beep when they think we’re close?

This suggests a lot of scenarios where they won’t work and we have less than this vehicle.
I don't there's any concrete info on the new type of sensing but my guess would be the car records/retains immediate info of it's surroundings and will alert us of anything it remembers (like approaching a wall, parking stop or post, large rocks on the ground etc) whilst travelling so slowly which you would do under normal circumstances when trying to park. All pure supposition but I can't imagine it being anything else....

I can't imagine Tesla changing the tech to an inferior type when it's aim is to be at the forefront of it. I'd also suggest we may react to the new tech just like we all did with reversing camera's & 360 vision etc when we got those on car upgrades and say 'oh this is good'

See even after receiving a VIN I'm still full of hopium! 🤣

Reactions: ShipsnGiggles
I thought they came with carpet mats? It bloody better for £66k
They do. 👍
Alloy Pedals.JPG

• Love
Reactions: fentor and daveface