Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y Performance..

How good does that sound.:cool:

I have to be honest my Model Y Long Range with Acceleration Boost is very quick off the mark, Nothing. I repeat nothing has beaten me away from the lights since I had it delivered on 30th June this year (boy racer mode) but can honestly say you lucky guy's with the new Performance will leave me behind for sure.😁

I sincerely sit here and wish you guy's all the very best with your new "Performance" delivery, you will simply love the car. I love my LR and never tire of driving it.😘

Wetherby.JPG

It's just the fact we waited a whole year because they we were waiting for the Berlin factory to open, and now that it's open, they're giving us cars from China instead. 🤷‍♂️ Also German engineering will generally always prevail vs Chinese engineering, but China have the experience advantage I guess. We have a '21 Model 3 from China and it's certainly fine.

>I'm also sure the new parking aid/s will be equal and or improved.
Considering everything I've seen over the last few years, I'm fully expecting to be waiting years.
I'd suggest that the "German engineering" you're thinking of is from the likes of Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc. Not sure why you would assume that this would naturally apply to absolutely everything built there. German built Teslas could be built down to cost, like many things. If door cards etc are not soft touch, or other components are downgraded - is that a failing of Berlin, Germany, or Tesla?

Model Y Performance..

How good does that sound.:cool:

I have to be honest my Model Y Long Range with Acceleration Boost is very quick off the mark, Nothing. I repeat nothing has beaten me away from the lights since I had it delivered on 30th June this year (boy racer mode) but can honestly say you lucky guy's with the new Performance will leave me behind for sure.😁

I sincerely sit here and wish you guy's all the very best with your new "Performance" delivery, you will simply love the car. I love my LR and never tire of driving it.😘

View attachment 867289

Can hardly wait!

Same question. I've got a hidden VIN and Nov 19 - Dec 3 window. Should i pay the 'amount due' / 'cash down payment' now? Is that considered a pre delivery task?
I can't see a hidden VIN on mine. I spoke to Tesla today and they did confirm my car will not have sensors but will be an update for park assist with use of cameras in the near future. They said my car will be ready for collection the last week of November.

Does anybody here have any idea how you order the physical key fob with your car? I emailed tesla about it, and they obviously ignored me, and also emailed to complain about lack of USS but they ignored that too. They expect me to throw £73k at them, but cant be arsed to even reply to an email so...looking forward to the inevitable phonecall when they try and chase me for final payment...

Does anybody here have any idea how you order the physical key fob with your car? I emailed tesla about it, and they obviously ignored me, and also emailed to complain about lack of USS but they ignored that too. They expect me to throw £73k at them, but cant be arsed to even reply to an email so...looking forward to the inevitable phonecall when they try and chase me for final payment...
You just order the fob though the Tesla shop and then pair it to your car yourself when it arrives. Nothing to do with Tesla support