Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow that's quite a quandary
My insurer wants me to pay an extra (30%!) £150 for the remaining 27 days of my current policy term, that's with Esure! Absolute joke!
I've managed to get to £660 for myself & wife, 25yr NCB each via Compare the market with Admiral. Guess you've already looked there?

Actually, just did a few quotes and it seems like the only thing that is going to bring the premium down under £3k is to keep the M3P and get the extra year NCD and my wife having 1 years driving under her belt..

Doesn't seem to make much of a difference (~£100) with the extra years NCD on the MY at the moment..so probably will just hit me down the line

Wow that's quite a quandary
My insurer wants me to pay an extra (30%!) £150 for the remaining 27 days of my current policy term, that's with Esure! Absolute joke!
I've managed to get to £660 for myself & wife, 25yr NCB each via Compare the market with Admiral. Guess you've already looked there?
I’m not sure what happens if you keep it running but when you hand the car over or move to the new one you will defo not have any accidents with the old one. My insurer will insure but for a hell of a lot more so I’m cancelling to a cost of £40 and starting again with Admiral.

I’m hoping Tesla insurance will launch in the UK as it’s likely to be much better than 3rd party companies

On the insurance front, don't forget to filter telemetric out as the likes of Admiral are now quoting on Compare The Market WITH telemetric (unless you want it of course).

The MYP quotes seem badly loaded up at the moment. I got £665 with telemetric (Bell Admiral) £757 without telemetric (Admiral Essential). Compare this to £549 (boom) for my MS P100D and a for a new BMW i4 M50 £312 (AA) both without telemetric. All the same details for each quote (full comp, protected, 25+yrs license, 9,990 miles, full no claims, kept off road, ok postcode, including the Mrs wife same duration).

I'm currently with Direct Line - worth a look as Tesla point to them. £500 for the P100D - same details as above.

Last edited:
I’m not sure what happens if you keep it running but when you hand the car over or move to the new one you will defo not have any accidents with the old one. My insurer will insure but for a hell of a lot more so I’m cancelling to a cost of £40 and starting again with Admiral.

I’m hoping Tesla insurance will launch in the UK as it’s likely to be much better than 3rd party companies
I'm just going to let my current policy expire and get a new one with different company for the Tesla - I don't even think I'd get a refund for those 27 days!

I had a look at InsureMyTesla - takes you to Direct Line who are quoting me £200 more than Admiral via CTM

Early September order, had a December 11 - December 31 window, now January - March 2023.
MYP, Black, Black.

My date just slipped from 11 - 31 Dec '22 to Jan -Mar '23. Red/Black MYP. :/

Ordered beginning of Sept.

I recall this happened to some of the guys above who now have their VINS and deliveries confirmed for late November.

All part of the Tesla emotional rollercoaster. Try to ignore and hope the EDD’s will come good again 👍

Reactions: buggles and Sanjiv