Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you bought these? How has your experience been

Have you bought these? How has your experience been
What do you guys think about these?

I went with these as they’re the closest to OEM I could find in the UK.

GAFAT Tesla Model Y Floor Mats 2021 2022, Model Y Floor Mats Non-Slip Mats Original 3D Scanning TPE High Edge, Tesla Model Y Accessories [UK Right Hand Drive Version] (Black) https://amzn.eu/d/2IPBFIj

Same here - use it all over the house with Family subscription with apple one - I’ll just have to do a few more miles to cover the cost of Spotify
The Spotify app is rubbish in the Tesla and not really worth using. With premium connectivity, you get 2 choices, use Spotify as a generic Tesla subscription incl in PC, or pay extra to Spotify for your own personal sub and sign in via the Tesla app. The latter sync across all your devices for playlists etc, the former does not.

I use Apple Music via bluetooth and Siri using the voice control on the steering wheel or by simply saying ‘hey siri’ to the phone, works brilliantly and much easier than messing with Spotify app on the Tesla screen. Personally, the sound quality seems better to me too, which of course is subjective. Yes, you can use Tesla voice control for Spotify, but it’s extremely hit and miss. Spotify will disappoint you, but the video services in PC are excellent

The Spotify app is rubbish in the Tesla and not really worth using

I can't say I've noticed this in five years of Model X ownership. Spotify is our main music source in the car, and gets used on every drive, pretty much. I've got a Spotify sub that I've signed into on the car.

I don't use Siri or voice assistants in general so I can't comment on @asianwolf's approach. I just type stuff into the screen, normally after engaging Autopilot.

The main annoyance is when I'm listening to Spotify on another device, and then the missus unlocks the car and Spotify resumes in the car, ending my session on whatever other device I'm using!

Hahah. It’s gonna be a slow few weeks isn’t it. I’m counting the days also.
Me too - I assume the current ETA of 21/11 is just because Glovis Summit is in the canal and moving slowly? Anyone know?

Attachments

• D9CE30DC-178D-45BD-A106-3930A4861929.jpeg
    D9CE30DC-178D-45BD-A106-3930A4861929.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 42
I can't say I've noticed this in five years of Model X ownership. Spotify is our main music source in the car, and gets used on every drive, pretty much. I've got a Spotify sub that I've signed into on the car.

I don't use Siri or voice assistants in general so I can't comment on @asianwolf's approach. I just type stuff into the screen, normally after engaging Autopilot.

The main annoyance is when I'm listening to Spotify on another device, and then the missus unlocks the car and Spotify resumes in the car, ending my session on whatever other device I'm using!
I also use Spotify as main source.
We have an xc40 with android auto.
I make playlists on my phone and they transfer directly to the car when we turn it on.
I assume the Tesla app would be as good if not better!
Wait and see.

Used my Spotify subscription to activate the built-in app in my MYLR and it wasn't great tbh; The Tesla app itself is lacking many of the features found in the desktop/mobile app and most annoyingly there's a limit to the number of tracks each playlist can display - this results in all your newest tracks being unavailable...

Only workaround is to use the mobile Spotify app to control your Tesla audio (which shows up as a Spotify connect device in the speaker list).

All in all it's a nice idea but needs work...

• Informative
Reactions: DeejUK