Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to add on the whole Spotify thing which is supported in the recent silver/grey MYP MIG video and following me visiting Tesla yesterday the car has Spotify and TuneIn included in Prem Connectivity so no need to pay for Spotify separately if you didn’t intend to use it when away from the vehicle.
Is there an option to pay for lifetime premium connectivity.
A lump sum up front ?

Are any members considering the 4 year extended warranty?
This take the full car to 8 years warranty at a cost of £2500 ish.
It’s also transferable to new owners.

Are any members considering the 4 year extended warranty?
This take the full car to 8 years warranty at a cost of £2500 ish.
It’s also transferable to new owners.

Interesting. I always wondered. Seeing as the cars shape will likely not change greatly due to a nightmare retooling the production line and consistent demand plus the fact that when I was in Norway people were still driving 2013 model S and X pretty much everywhere with no issues this is not bad value.

Interesting. I always wondered. Seeing as the cars shape will likely not change greatly due to a nightmare retooling the production line and consistent demand plus the fact that when I was in Norway people were still driving 2013 model S and X pretty much everywhere with no issues this is not bad value.
Yes I thought It was very good value.
inflation will take repair costs ever higher this gives good peace of mind knowing everything is covered.
I also like the fact it can be passed on to a new owner .
This should help retain vehicle value in years 3-8 .

Received my reg no. today, so called LV to remove my MS and add the MYP on my collection date (25th). Had all the usual questions and one in particular piqued my interest - “Is the car equipped with parking sensors…”. I was in two minds whether to say yes or no and, after a bit of thought, decided to say “not yet”. My premium for the MYP is around £200 more than my MS which I’ve owned from new - was hoping it would be cheaper! Did I do the right thing?

I received my reg today so sorted insurance. Interestingly Direct Line, linked to from the Tesla text, refused to quote as it’s a business lease (but waited until I’d filled out the entire f*cking form before telling me!). Ended up going with Admiral. They didn’t ask about parking sensors online but the question I pondered over most was security features. Eventually I selected tracker but no immobiliser. There doesn’t seem to be a definitive answer anywhere that I could find. Quote was £680 with 13 years NCB, which is comparable to my M3 and RS6 premiums a few years ago.

I think I saw a video the other day that showed the latest software update now shows distance from obstacles when parking, so I’d be tempted to say it does have parking sensors? Surely having cameras counts as parking sensors as full HD video must be more accurate than not being able to see anything and just relying on a beep!

I received my reg today so sorted insurance. Interestingly Direct Line, linked to from the Tesla text, refused to quote as it’s a business lease (but waited until I’d filled out the entire f*cking form before telling me!). Ended up going with Admiral. They didn’t ask about parking sensors online but the question I pondered over most was security features. Eventually I selected tracker but no immobiliser. There doesn’t seem to be a definitive answer anywhere that I could find. Quote was £680 with 13 years NCB, which is comparable to my M3 and RS6 premiums a few years ago.

I think I saw a video the other day that showed the latest software update now shows distance from obstacles when parking, so I’d be tempted to say it does have parking sensors? Surely having cameras counts as parking sensors as full HD video must be more accurate than not being able to see anything and just relying on a beep!
Surely pin to drive is an immobiliser of sorts? I may have to revisit the parking sensor issue!

Reactions: Sanjiv
9B702A7F-A27B-4A6A-8FF6-6B039CB707C1.png
9B702A7F-A27B-4A6A-8FF6-6B039CB707C1.png

What video did you see? Would love to see it, I haven't really heard anything about 2022.40.4 and the supposed code that address USS/Tesla vision since it started coming out..

In relation to the mobile charger, for those that placed orders before the cut off, it seems these may not be shipped with the cars, but you receive a voucher code from Tesla once you take delivery. However, this was on a US YouTube clip, so it may not be relevant to the UK/Europe.

Just something to bear in mind if you are depending on it. There could be a delay in getting one.

Is there an option to pay for lifetime premium connectivity.
A lump sum up front ?
Not that I know of
In relation to the mobile charger, for those that placed orders before the cut off, it seems these may not be shipped with the cars, but you receive a voucher code from Tesla once you take delivery. However, this was on a US YouTube clip, so it may not be relevant to the UK/Europe.

Just something to bear in mind if you are depending on it. There could be a delay in getting one.
yeah I read that. Similar situation to the sensors where they are rationed so Tesla have a choice to remove them or not ship cars.

Been keeping a close eye on this forum since I ordered my MYP w/b + tow. It’s through Octopus (salary sacrifice) and was a June order. ETA Dec-Feb according to the Octopus portal and that won’t change until a vin has been assigned. Doubting I’m in the Q4 allocation 😕 Has anyone who ordered a tow bar for their MYP have a definite delivery date?
That’s strange as I ordered in July a MYP w/b and it’s due before the end of the year. Without a tow but surely that can’t make a difference…