Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigate On Autopilot in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yep, exactly what I have been advised by Tesla. They will also allow me to upgrade to FSD (no extra options as yet, and my hardware to be upgraded from 2.5 to 3) for around half the currently listed FSD price.

Once they have worked the price out, as it seems to be quoted case by case, I’ll make the payment and wait for hardware upgrade to come through in due course.

Just to clear this up, its $4250 to upgrade from EAP to FSD? You had to call up and speak to someone about this over the phone? I'm in a similar position and wondering if I should pull the trigger on this. Have they mentioned when the upgrade to HW3 might happen?

Just to clear this up, its $4250 to upgrade from EAP to FSD? You had to call up and speak to someone about this over the phone? I'm in a similar position and wondering if I should pull the trigger on this. Have they mentioned when the upgrade to HW3 might happen?

Yes, I am waiting for the online account to reflect this price (I might be wrong and maybe it's $4,400) however because we already have EAP and not the free auto-pilot that is included in new Tesla's (so we paid a nice amount of EAP 1.5 years ago) we are therefore entitled to a cheaper upgrade from EAP to FSD (once we pay this then in due course we will be invited in to change the AP2.5 hardware over to the AP3.0 hardware at no additional charge).

I’ve been using NOA with confirmation and it’s great. A few times I cancel the suggestion cos it’s not what I want, I assume it’ll get smarter. But for the most part it suggests a change, I indicate, and it does the job nicely.
When it’s trained a bit more I’ll probably move to no confirmation.

Are there any others here that have NOA but not FSD? My understanding was that FSD was not required for this. (FWIW, I have not paid for FSD and I don’t have NOA as yet - I am on MCU1/ HW2.0).

Like me you have an AP2/MCU1 car. You didn’t state whether you have EAP or not, however, I do. In fact while not 100% sure as my car was a demonstrator, I believe I also have FSD software, and am therefore waiting for my AP3 computer update at some point. Regardless cars of our vintage with EAP, are supposed to have smart summon and NOA.

Sadly no AP2 cars received the 2019.40.50.{5|7} builds worldwide As far as I can see on teslafi and other forums. Those builds are what enabled NOA in Australia, and so we are left waiting.

Here’s hoping we do get the next round of updates, and failing that a prompt explanation as to what is happening from tesla, and maybe a timely AP3 update if so entitled.

Last edited:
I’ve been using NOA with confirmation and it’s great. A few times I cancel the suggestion cos it’s not what I want, I assume it’ll get smarter. But for the most part it suggests a change, I indicate, and it does the job nicely.
When it’s trained a bit more I’ll probably move to no confirmation.

has it actually taken any exits correctly? More than 60% of the ones I tried failed. It’s on lanes too far from the exit and it thinks that’s the correct lane. In fact even if I physically go myself to the left most lane it wants to immediately change again to further AWAY from the exit.

It’s seriously flawed.

Like me you have an AP2/MCU1 car. You didn’t state whether you have EAP or not, however, I do. In fact while not 100% sure as my car was a demonstrator, I believe I also have FSD software, and am therefore waiting for my AP3 computer update at some point. Regardless cars of our vintage with EAP, are supposed to have smart summon and NOA.

Sadly no AP2 cars received the 2019.40.50.{5|7} builds worldwide As far as I can see on teslafi and other forums. Those builds are what enabled NOA in Australia, and so we are left waiting.

Here’s hoping we do get the next round of updates, and failing that a prompt explanation as to what is happening from tesla, and maybe a timely AP3 update if so entitled.
Did you get Smart Summon? I got it but not NOA - as mentioned, I would have thought SS is more complex than NOA

has it actually taken any exits correctly? More than 60% of the ones I tried failed. It’s on lanes too far from the exit and it thinks that’s the correct lane. In fact even if I physically go myself to the left most lane it wants to immediately change again to further AWAY from the exit.

It’s seriously flawed.

I’ve been using it on freeway for lane changing mostly. I hated the previous version where I needed to indicate and force the wheel a bit to change lanes. Now it puts a message advising to change lanes, I indicate to confirm, and it completes the manoeuvre. Nice improvement.

I am also in this boat.

Sadly I don't think Tesla is going to update us any time soon at all.

So we pay early for full self driving, and we get none of it, just promises, while others who buy cheaper model 3s much later already have the latest features.

And soon Tesla cars will receive an update that will recognise traffic lights etc.. But our cars will not.

Does anyone who has paid for FSD but has an AP2/MCU1 car want to join in a class action in the Federal Court? I feel terribly let down. We waited years for these features and now everyone else but us gets them. Very sad. Cannot even NoA... Is anyone else outraged?

I am also in this boat.

So we pay early for full self driving, and we get none of it, just promises, while others who buy cheaper model 3s much later already have the latest features.

And soon Tesla cars will receive an update that will recognise traffic lights etc.. But our cars will not.

Does anyone who has paid for FSD but has an AP2/MCU1 car want to join in a class action in the Federal Court? I feel terribly let down. We waited years for these features and now everyone else but us gets them. Very sad. Cannot even NoA... Is anyone else outraged?
When pressed, Tesla might offer your purchase price back, but that doesn’t cover financial opportunity cost, which is what a Class Action would need to account for

Feel sorry for you guys.
Not sure if FSD is worth $8500, even if Tesla does deliver as promised those “coming later this year” features. I think I am quite capable of changing lanes myself, and taking on/off-ramps.

• Informative
Reactions: HighlyCharged
I am also in this boat.

I'm not sure its all doom and gloom. They have repeatedly stated that the AP2 cars will get AP3 updates if FSD was purchased. I generally trust Tesla on intent, if not timeline! It will be interesting to see if an MCU2 upgrade is also required (seemingly different opinions out there on that), but if it does the cars will be essentially first class citizens again.

If there is another round of updates that don't go to AP2, thereby giving me NOA, I will probably ask some questions of Tesla. Or tweet Elon or similar.

I'm not sure its all doom and gloom. They have repeatedly stated that the AP2 cars will get AP3 updates if FSD was purchased. I generally trust Tesla on intent, if not timeline! It will be interesting to see if an MCU2 upgrade is also required (seemingly different opinions out there on that), but if it does the cars will be essentially first class citizens again.

If there is another round of updates that don't go to AP2, thereby giving me NOA, I will probably ask some questions of Tesla. Or tweet Elon or similar.

I have been told that if one has bought FSD and on AP2/AP2.5 then as features that require AP3 get released this will pull the trigger at Tesla's end to have your car booked in for the hardware upgrade. Since AP2.5 is about to do all the feautes in the current software update the hardware upgrade isn't going to be pushing out to those cars....anyone on AP2.0 and a license for FSD should book their car in via the App requesting for it to be done.

I have been told that if one has bought FSD and on AP2/AP2.5 then as features that require AP3 get released this will pull the trigger at Tesla's end to have your car booked in for the hardware upgrade. Since AP2.5 is about to do all the feautes in the current software update the hardware upgrade isn't going to be pushing out to those cars....anyone on AP2.0 and a license for FSD should book their car in via the App requesting for it to be done.

I have not heard of a single car that has undergone this upgrade... Anyone? Anyone?

I do feel that AP2.0 cars with FSD have been abandoned.... They are certainly in no rush to rectify this injustice... Crap hardware was bought on the promise that it could do FSD. Then they start selling new hardware and further promise they will upgrade us. No where in the world has this upgrade taken place. Can't see them rushing it out down here. And so what happens? As the new features get rolled out...we just don't even get the upgrade...you get that? It is very unfair actually. I am quite upset about it. Otherwise I have been a great loyal Tesla fan...but this was a real stuff up by them...