Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation decided to freak out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving my family to the airport today with the navigation on, when halfway through the route, it started to freak out. I had my sister-in-law take a quick video of what happened.

Cancelling the navigation, turning on streaming music, turning on music from my iPhone didn't help. Did a reboot while on the freeway by holding both scroll wheels and it finally stopped.

Has this happened to anyone?
Check out the video posted below...

I'm not seeing the problem. Perhaps some additional details? It looks like it's in night mode, so maybe it switched unexpectedly from day to night mode?

I have it on night mode permanently.

The problem is in the sound with turn by turn directions. The voice started to stutter and wouldn't go away (like it was on a broken record). You can hear it over my toddler's cough in the background.

Yes its hapened before. I keep the voice off, so no nore stuttering, but the > icon which represents the car often sticks in one place for miles and miles. NAV and Music have had a multitude of unpredictable glitches for a very long time. The NAV quirks settled down for a few months but they've been especially acting up again in the last few weeks. No patterns that I can detect and I refer to them as the Tesla Tantrums. :rolleyes:

• Helpful
Reactions: tangerine
Yes its hapened before. I keep the voice off, so no nore stuttering, but the > icon which represents the car often sticks in one place for miles and miles. NAV and Music have had a multitude of unpredictable glitches for a very long time. The NAV quirks settled down for a few months but they've been especially acting up again in the last few weeks. No patterns that I can detect and I refer to them as the Tesla Tantrums. :rolleyes:

Thanks @NikeWings–super helpful to know that I can turn off the NAV sounds through the carrot icon. I completely forgot about that feature and didn't try it. I'll keep that in mind for next time!

I was driving my family to the airport today with the navigation on, when halfway through the route, it started to freak out. I had my sister-in-law take a quick video of what happened.

Cancelling the navigation, turning on streaming music, turning on music from my iPhone didn't help. Did a reboot while on the freeway by holding both scroll wheels and it finally stopped.

Has this happened to anyone?
Check out the video posted below...

I had exactly the same problem and after talking to Technical Customer Service I did the same thing as you and it corrected the problem too.

The stuttering navigation voice happened twice during the past month, but did not happen at all during the first year that I have owned my MS. I use the navigation system often and am wondering why it has happened twice during the past month. There have been several software updates the last post on this thread so I thought that this bug was fixed by Tesla. Is anyone else still having this problem where the only way to stop the continuous voice stuttering is to reboot the 17 inch screen?

It happened to me as well just this past weekend, out of the blue. I have a 2017 Model X (5/17 build). I had to stop on the side of the road and do a reset by pushing the two wheels. That was a first for me after 5 months of ownership. Hopefully Tesla is aware and looking into it.