TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Navigation decided to freak out

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by tangerine, Jul 3, 2017.

1. tangerine

tangerine Member

I was driving my family to the airport today with the navigation on, when halfway through the route, it started to freak out. I had my sister-in-law take a quick video of what happened.

Cancelling the navigation, turning on streaming music, turning on music from my iPhone didn't help. Did a reboot while on the freeway by holding both scroll wheels and it finally stopped.

Has this happened to anyone?
    Check out the video posted below...

2. animorph

animorph Member

I'm not seeing the problem. Perhaps some additional details? It looks like it's in night mode, so maybe it switched unexpectedly from day to night mode?

3. tangerine

tangerine Member

I have it on night mode permanently.

The problem is in the sound with turn by turn directions. The voice started to stutter and wouldn't go away (like it was on a broken record). You can hear it over my toddler's cough in the background.

4. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

Yes its hapened before. I keep the voice off, so no nore stuttering, but the > icon which represents the car often sticks in one place for miles and miles. NAV and Music have had a multitude of unpredictable glitches for a very long time. The NAV quirks settled down for a few months but they've been especially acting up again in the last few weeks. No patterns that I can detect and I refer to them as the Tesla Tantrums. :rolleyes:

• Helpful x 1
  5. tangerine

tangerine Member

Thanks @NikeWings–super helpful to know that I can turn off the NAV sounds through the carrot icon. I completely forgot about that feature and didn't try it. I'll keep that in mind for next time!

6. Tom Kilroy

Tom Kilroy Member

I had exactly the same problem and after talking to Technical Customer Service I did the same thing as you and it corrected the problem too.

7. tangerine

tangerine Member

Bummer! It really rattled me and put me in an unsafe driving situation while I was trying to trouble shoot the problem while on the freeway. I hope you were in a much safer scenario than I was!

8. carteriii

carteriii Member

I experienced that once. After about a minute, while continuing to drive, the display locked up and no display controls worked for me to change anything. A few moments later everything was back to normal. I assumed the console had crashed and rebooted itself.

9. Blastphemy

Blastphemy Member

This just happened to me yesterday for the first time. I've had my 2016 Model X P90D for almost 1.5 years, and never experienced this before. I had to reboot the big screen to get it to stop.

10. Tom Kilroy

Tom Kilroy Member

Yes, I was headed to the Supercharger, as our house where the home charger will be installed isn't ready. I pulled off the road into a parking lot and did it there.