Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation update 2020.12 is out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WilliamG

Hinge Fanatic
Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
image.jpg
Go check your cars! Finally! Nearly a year since the last maps update so this is a welcome addition.

Living in Seattle, I’m glad to see the new Whole Foods in West Seattle is finally in the maps data.

That said, hopefully the mapping data figures out that the West Seattle Bridge is closed for the foreseeable future because currently the nav is mapping using the bridge, still. D’oh!

Still on map version 2019.10, but then again the car is not connected to my home's WiFi most of the time. Although I am on software release 2020.8.1. I turned the car around in the driveway and we'll see what happens.

I've got a weird one happening on the map - Driving [East] to a T intersection near my home, it shows a nursery across the T to the left, but the nursery is really to the right [South] 1/2 mile down the road and on my side of the road I'm approaching. But when I'm driving back [North] towards the intersection the map shows the nursery in the correct location. It's been this way through multiple updates.

I've got a weird one happening on the map - Driving [East] to a T intersection near my home, it shows a nursery across the T to the left, but the nursery is really to the right [South] 1/2 mile down the road and on my side of the road I'm approaching. But when I'm driving back [North] towards the intersection the map shows the nursery in the correct location. It's been this way through multiple updates.

Check the location against gMaps. If it's wrong there, too, it's a Google issue, not Tesla.

My home address was wrong for a while, in the car, too.

I corrected the pin location in Google and the car picked it up.

Funny enough- I just got updated from 8.1 to 8.2.... and still have the 2019 maps.

That happened to me too last week @Knightshade (from 81.to 8.2). I just got my HW 3 upgrade... I was going to wait longer but decided this was the right time for me. Anyway, my HW 2.5 went from 8.1 to 8.2 last week, and when I got my HW 3 upgrade today, they pushed 2020.12 to me (which seemed fairly glitchy... car wouldnt even connect to my wifi at home and I have an access point like 10 feet from it).

About an hour after I got home, car started trying to download 2020.12.1.. but couldnt because of wifi turning itself off. Called the SC back and asked them to re push the update for me, and they did. dunno if the wifi is better (or why I have wifi issues when it was rock solid before, unless that is related to HW 3 somehow).

• Informative
Reactions: Knightshade