Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska Tesla Club?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to the Family!

Are you picking up in KC? or Home Delivery?
- If picking up in KC your Delivery advisor will email you a link to sign your MVPA ( Purchase Agreement). All other paperwork will be FedEx'd to you 7-10 business days after delivery.

- We've not really discussed insurance as a group here, I pay about 170/mo through State Farm.

- I've had good luck getting in/out of the 108th & maple treasurers office (I believe quite a few of us have)

-Mark does have an electrician with a good track record, I ended up using Dennis Electric since we needed a whole house rewire. Dennis is a great guy and did fantastic work

I agree about creating documentation for future owners. We will be working on setting up an official "Nebraska Tesla Owners Club" soon If you'd like to be a part of that process.

Also, did you use a referral code for 6 mo. free supercharging? If not I'd be happy to DM you mine.

Again, welcome to the family... you will absolutely ADORE your model 3.

Thank you so much for the message.
They delivered the vehicle this afternoon. Do I have to wait for the registration until I get the Fedex paper work? What are the documents needed for the first time registration. When is the next meet up?
I got the referral. Happy to be the part of Nebraska Tesla Owners club
Looking forward to meet
Thank you

Thank you so much for the message.
They delivered the vehicle this afternoon. Do I have to wait for the registration until I get the Fedex paper work? What are the documents needed for the first time registration. When is the next meet up?
I got the referral. Happy to be the part of Nebraska Tesla Owners club
Looking forward to meet
Thank you

Yes you'll need to wait for the FedEx envelope. It will have the MSO (Manufacturer Statement of Origin), Nebraska Title Application, and a copy of your MVPA. You'll need those things in addition to proof of Insurance and any Lienholder information if you've taken out a loan for the car.

UPDATE:

Bumping this back up to the top. If you'd be interested in assisting with the ground work/administration to get the Nebraska Tesla Club (taking name suggestions) up and running please shoot me an email at NebraskaTesla{at}gmail(dot)com We've got a small group started looking to meet either this weekend or next. Exciting times ahead!

I'm pretty sure this the bill that will let Tesla in Nebraska. It was introduced a few hours ago.

Nebraska Legislature - Legislative Document

LB51 - Change license applications, prohibited acts, and franchise restrictions under the Motor Vehicle Industry Regulation Act
Introduced by Vargas, 7; Lindstrom, 18.

(b) This subsection does not apply to a manufacturer that:
(i) Does not have, and has not previously had, any franchisees representing such manufacturer’s line-make of motor vehicles, motorcycles, or trailers in this state; and
(ii) Sells to the general public only the line-make of motor vehicles, motorcycles, or trailers that it manufactures.

Hi,

I'm visiting Nebraska/Iowa from EU, I'm expecting to get a Model 3 in a Feb/March in EU, but Tesla won't promise I can get the Aero Wheel Cap Kit from the start, is it possible to pick up that kit somewhere around Omaha or Des Moines?

Hi, I'm visiting Nebraska/Iowa from EU, I'm expecting to get a Model 3 in a Feb/March in EU, but Tesla won't promise I can get the Aero Wheel Cap Kit from the start, is it possible to pick up that kit somewhere around Omaha or Des Moines?

I don't think anyone carries the kit in stock - if you can order one and want it shipped to a local address let one of us know and we can try to help you out.

(oh, and make sure you use someone's/anyone's referral code)

I don't think anyone carries the kit in stock - if you can order one and want it shipped to a local address let one of us know and we can try to help you out.

(oh, and make sure you use someone's/anyone's referral code)

Yeah, I considered just ordering it to my hotel, but too high of a risk of it not showing up in time. Going home again in six days.

I have put a referral on the order :)

Reactions: FalconHeavy
I'm pretty sure this the bill that will let Tesla in Nebraska. It was introduced a few hours ago.

Nebraska Legislature - Legislative Document

LB51 - Change license applications, prohibited acts, and franchise restrictions under the Motor Vehicle Industry Regulation Act
Introduced by Vargas, 7; Lindstrom, 18.

(b) This subsection does not apply to a manufacturer that:
(i) Does not have, and has not previously had, any franchisees representing such manufacturer’s line-make of motor vehicles, motorcycles, or trailers in this state; and
(ii) Sells to the general public only the line-make of motor vehicles, motorcycles, or trailers that it manufactures.

Same bill as last year. Didn't make it out of committee. I went and testified at the committee. Car dealers fight it tooth and nail. Hope it makes it out of committee this year.

Nick

How can we help? Contact our local representative?

Here is the Transportation Committee contact information.
First Last Phone Emails
Curt Friesen 4024712630 [email protected]
Joni Albrecht 4024712716 [email protected]
Bruche Bostelman 4024712719 [email protected]
Machaela Cavanaugh 4024712714 [email protected]
Wendy DeBoer 4024712718 [email protected]
Suzanne Geist 4024712731 [email protected]
Mike Hilgers 4024712673 [email protected]
Dan Hughes 4024712805 [email protected]

If @JonMc wants to come back for a hearing again I'll volunteer to give him a Lyft from the airport in my Model 3.

Reactions: HyperionMark
Everyone can help by emailing the senators and showing up to testify. I'll be there. :)

Can someone please post this on the Facebook group.

From Sam Colwell
Subject: LB 51 (Tesla) Letter of Support

Good afternoon,

My name is Sam Colwell and I am Senator Tony Vargas' Administrative Aide. I am emailing you because you indicated that you would be willing to write your state Senator in support of LB 51, a bill that upholds free market principles, consumer choice, and promotes clean energy by allowing Tesla to sell their automobiles directly to Nebraskans for the first time.

If you have not already, we would strongly encourage you to send in a letter of support to the Transportation Committee. This letter can be sent in letter or email form. It is so important to show the energy behind this legislation, and the hundreds of you that responded indicate that Nebraska is ready to welcome an innovative business model that promotes clean energy. Your voice is crucial in the fight to move Nebraska into the 21st century and expand Nebraskans' access to electric vehicles.

The hearing date is next Tuesday, February 26th at 1:30pm in the Warner Chamber. If you can send in the letter before then to be included in the record, that would be great.

Please send your emails to Senator Curt Friesen, the Chairperson of the Transportation and Telecommunications Committee. His email is [email protected]

Thank you again for your support and we thank you for your continued advocacy on LB 51. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me at this email (XXXXX) or call our office at 402.471.XXXX.

Best regards,
--
Sam Colwell
Administrative Aide, Senator Tony Vargas
Nebraska Legislature, District 7

Just a reminder that the hearing for LB 51 (Tesla Sales in Nebraska) is tomorrow at 1:30 PM! The hearing will be in the committee room (right off the rotunda) in the Capitol building. Let's show up in numbers to give support and show the senators that this bill needs to pass!

I'm planning to leave from the chargers at Nebraska Crossing @ 11:30 tomorrow for anyone that would like to Tesla caravan to the capitol. I'll post here and on "Tesla Owners Omaha" Facebook if those plans change!

Here are my general notes on the LB51 hearing today. I missed about 10 minutes in the middle of it.

Support

Senator Vargas
- Opening Statement about the bill

Michael Ohara – Sierra Club
- General Statement of support

Jordan Boetcher
- Told his story of buying a Tesla and said “Nebraska, it’s not for everyone” in this case it isn’t. We are not open for business.

Nick Bock
- Told about buying his car in California and did not pay NE state sales tax.

Nichole Terrel
- Statement of support

Ron Konecky – UNK
- Economist in support of Tesla

Thad Kurowski – Tesla
- 315 Long Range Model 3’s, 500 Tesla’s in the state.
- Explained that Nebraska and Kansas are the only states with no Sales or Service.
- Tesla will spend $2 million+ in the state on building, employees etc…
- Other companies can use Supercharges but none have invested in that.

Steve Biggalow
- Statement of support

Opposition

Loyt Cott – NE Car Dealers Association
- Not opposed to Tesla
- Dealers want to service Tesla’s

Q – What do dealers do for the customer
A- Dealerships lower the price from competition, on average $500. Dealers provide local sales and service.

Q – Question about service
A – Tesla should build a service center in Council Bluffs if they wanted one. Tesla would run dealerships out of business if they were the only ones to service their vehicles.

Q – Is there any compromise that you would be ok with?
A – No there is not. He then realized that was bad and said that Tesla should pick any one person in the state to run a dealership for them.

(I missed about 10 minutes)

Car Dealer ?
Q – Do you sell many EV’s
A – If someone wants one we will sell it. We sell a lot of Trucks and SUV’s and there are no electric Trucks or SUV’s.

Thomas McLassan – Broken Bow Dealership Owner
- GM tried to take his dealership and he is worried about that happening again.

John Ernst – Ernst Dealership in Columbus, Chairman of Dealership Association
- Dealerships provide local charity ($300k last year), local jobs, more service. If you have a service issue and have to drive 200 miles to get it fixed it could have a fatal outcome.

Ron Sedlack – Nebraska Chamber of Commerce
- Dealerships proved local financing.
- Dealerships identify issues and recalls better than a manufacture would.

Closing

Senator Vargas
- LB 51 would not hurt dealerships and their relationships. There is no evidence of this in the 25 states that have passed laws allowing Tesla.