Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEMA 14-50 or Hardwire ChargePoint electric company paying for service upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, the electric company won't pay for upgrading your service line or your panel.
They won't pay but NJ PSE&G will provide up to a$1500 rebate for an approved upgrade and installation with proper submitted documentation from the homeowner and a NJ licensed electrician.

Electric Vehicle Charging Program Descriptions​

PSE&G is offering three sub-programs within the EV program.

Residential smart charging customers are eligible for:

• Up to $1,500 toward the behind the meter installation of a residential Level 2 charger
  • Up to $5,000 of pole to meter utility service upgrades (if needed)
  • Credit on charging during off-peak periods* to help lower your bill, pending charger approval
  • *Off-peak periods are defined as 9PM-7AM Monday-Friday, and all day Saturday-Sunday
Currently the Tesla wall charger does not qualify for off peak rates but the installation and upgrade costs do qualify

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
They won't pay but NJ PSE&G will provide up to a$1500 rebate for an approved upgrade and installation with proper submitted documentation from the homeowner and a NJ licensed electrician.

Electric Vehicle Charging Program Descriptions​

PSE&G is offering three sub-programs within the EV program.

Residential smart charging customers are eligible for:

• Up to $1,500 toward the behind the meter installation of a residential Level 2 charger
  • Up to $5,000 of pole to meter utility service upgrades (if needed)
  • Credit on charging during off-peak periods* to help lower your bill, pending charger approval
  • *Off-peak periods are defined as 9PM-7AM Monday-Friday, and all day Saturday-Sunday
Currently the Tesla wall charger does not qualify for off peak rates but the installation and upgrade costs do qualify
What is Pole Meter? I have the street's underground wiring on my property, I would need PSEG to run another line to my garage from the main transformer to my garage?