Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Netherlands Netflix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming the cars mobile connection is with a company in Netherlands - Netflix is probably detecting the car as being connected through Netherlands if that’s the case nothing you can do about it until Netflix / Tesla fix it...

Unless you connect to WiFi of course.

Yes, in the UK/Europe it's a Netherlands SIM card so you can't change it if you're using Netflix on the car's data connection

You'll need to tether to your phone if you want it to recognise your location as UK (but then it's obviously using your phone plan's data).

I tried to take advantage of the cars data sim being in NL this weekend by looking on to F1TVPro to watch the qualifying.

I have an account with F1TV and use a VPN to watch the sessions live as it's not available in the UK due to the existing agreement in place with SKY. There's no such agreement in NL so had hoped to logon to my account via the cars browser and watch qualifying.

Didn't work. Even though the cars IP was reported as being in NL the site still said I was in an unsupported region.

Yes, in the UK/Europe it's a Netherlands SIM card

Is this true for all UK models? I ask because my car always thinks it's in Spain - I get youtube.ES for example.

Not sure if my car's an odd-one-out. It's never seemed to quite match up to what others on the forums describe - it was delivered in November but has no build date on the door pillar labels. It came with frunk hooks, carpet mats, solid rear parcel shelf, lights in the door bins, and no carpet in the frunk. This combination seems at odds with what I've seen other UK'ers describe over the months.

(LR AWD by the way, vin 518XXX)

Reactions: *Adam
Is this true for all UK models? I ask because my car always thinks it's in Spain - I get youtube.ES for example.

Not sure if my car's an odd-one-out. It's never seemed to quite match up to what others on the forums describe - it was delivered in November but has no build date on the door pillar labels. It came with frunk hooks, carpet mats, solid rear parcel shelf, lights in the door bins, and no carpet in the frunk. This combination seems at odds with what I've seen other UK'ers describe over the months.

I suppose it's possible it could have changed! But a bit strange - Tesla's European operations are run out of the Netherlands I believe! (so emails and calls often end up with the team there, and payments on the Tesla website are processed through the Netherlands).

Reactions: Yachtsman

The model 3 uses an esim, and it basically roams, some also suggest there is a vpn connection to tesla to, though i don't/wouldn't think internet traffic gets routed over it. I'm pretty sure last time mine checked it was netherlands to, but I do remember some S's getting a spainish IP, it may just be the luck if the draw.

Reactions: Yachtsman and bhav
About 8 months ago Tesla had trouble with Spanish SIM's - not sure what the problem was but it prevented the car being woken from the phone app and some other stuff. Mine was one of those cars. To fix it, the swapped the SIM service provider from Spain to NL, fixed by an OTA update.

About 8 months ago Tesla had trouble with Spanish SIM's - not sure what the problem was but it prevented the car being woken from the phone app and some other stuff. Mine was one of those cars. To fix it, the swapped the SIM service provider from Spain to NL, fixed by an OTA update.

Same here. Still a Netherlands service for me. Not overly bothered as I rarely use Netflix in the car.

Reactions: Yachtsman
We put up with so much 5h1t from Tesla its unbelievable. This one issue sums up both them and us. No other manufacturer would do this and get away with it for so long. This does not happen in the US, just us mugs who Tesla probably believe England is just a State in the united states of Europe. We need to have a proper way of complaining which Tesla will listen too.

Reactions: Chiily
We put up with so much 5h1t from Tesla its unbelievable. This one issue sums up both them and us. No other manufacturer would do this and get away with it for so long. This does not happen in the US, just us mugs who Tesla probably believe England is just a State in the united states of Europe. We need to have a proper way of complaining which Tesla will listen too.
I suspect if you drove a US car to Canada or Mexico (or another country) it would be seen as a US connection to Netflix. Same principle applies.