Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model S Unveiled January 27, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to be negative but just curious, is anyone upset about the interior? By interior I mean the interior looks like the model 3 and y with the exception of the driver IC and the back screen? I have a model 3 and the interior feels really cheap... especially the steering wheel. That steering wheel looks like the same scroll wheels as the 3, which I think is cheap too. I hope they aren’t using the same interior parts as the 3 or Y (although doubtful as they look the same)

Not trying to troll but curious if people have the same concerns as me.
I LOVE the interior of my 3 (white, manufactured Sept 2020 just before the refresh). Ladies love it too. I was at first struck by a sense that the 3's steering wheel is on the small side, but got used to it and now really like it. Nothing about it strikes me as cheap, the seat material feels very nice and looks attractive to me. I think the Plaid interior looks great. Exciting and contemporary. What specifically do you take issue with besides the scroll wheels (which I don't really think any particular way about)?

Sorry to be negative but just curious, is anyone upset about the interior? By interior I mean the interior looks like the model 3 and y with the exception of the driver IC and the back screen? I have a model 3 and the interior feels really cheap... especially the steering wheel. That steering wheel looks like the same scroll wheels as the 3, which I think is cheap too. I hope they aren’t using the same interior parts as the 3 or Y (although doubtful as they look the same)

I much prefer the screen setup of the prerefresh. Using the long vertical screen to show Nav and rear camera simultaneously. And don’t even need to mention the steering wheel.

Model S interior became outdated when the 3 came out.

Now the S interior looks super futuristic again. Model 3 interior is still amazing. Best driving view with low hood and huge windshield and no instrument cluster mound. All you see is the road and the sky.

Like the interior, including the steering wheel.

But the exterior... :oops: looks like a Toyota.

schlitzie-and-Pepper.png

Observations.
Looks like we might finally get real ventilated seats. They look fabric and not Vegan Leather, which I prefer.
If you look at the rear splitter--looks like there might be room for a factory hitch.
Since the charge port area looks the same, maybe we will finally be getting a CCS adapter that fits the normal charge port.

Now the S interior looks super futuristic again. Model 3 interior is still amazing. Best driving view with low hood and huge windshield and no instrument cluster mound. All you see is the road and the sky.

Mr. X knows.

--
The Model S interior refresh is AWESOME.

You are not going to need to spin the yoke around 4 times to make a u-turn so put that aside as an issue.

I was here years ago when there was all the crying about the Model 3 interior. Ohhhh I need to see the speedometer in front of me.
Ohhhh I can't handle the screen in the middle. Ohhhhh I want buttons instead of a tablet.

You don't need to believe the new design is better.

Just accept it.

I don't understand the hate for the steering wheel, I'm guessing video game style control on it so no more spinning the wheel a lot. Ppl been doing that for a long time (hell I could drive that way before I could legally drive) so it shouldn't take long to figure out.

As for the rest I love it, just hoping we get proper speed on CCS (and thus SuC v3) in Europe.

Reactions: MXWing

The Model 3 interior had to be cheaper than the Model S, which explains the overall design. The integrated AC vent is great, but the rest of it, not my cup of tea.

Reactions: byan1232
TeslaRaj has seemingly got some better quality renders for his video.

At 4.27 steering wheel buttons are clearly visibly.
Left side - light, left/right blinkers
Right side - horn, wipers, voice control.

So where are gear selector and autopilot.
Electrek article suggested some additional buttons near the wireless charger, and from Raj's video the Emergency button seems to be there.

Or maybe the central part of the wheel which is normally the horn?

Reactions: rosegrif1
I gotta say I love the new steering control, but it would be great if there was an option to buy the new S with the last-gen steering wheel. This is a bold move by Tesla. Of course, I love them for their bold moves but hopefully this isn't a bridge too far for most.

I can already hear the yokes the media are gonna be making in the coming days.

• Funny
Reactions: heems and byeLT4