TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Atlanta Store: 1580 Church St.

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by ilovtesl, Jun 22, 2014.

1. drewnick

drewnick Member

Atlanta is going to be a huge market for Tesla. Once it's not an "island" and is accessible to the rest of the country on Superchargers, I think we'll see a lot of activity in Atlanta. Heck, lots of people have commutes in Atlanta that jive well with the Tesla - plus there's a huge state subsidy.

2. DNicholson62

DNicholson62 New Member

This is great. I live in Decatur so love having one near me

3. ilovtesl

ilovtesl Member

i cant wait for it to open and hear progress

4. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

I think its good that Tesla expand in Atlanta because it might stimulate Supercharger construction allowing access to Atlanta.

Chattanooga is on the Supercharger map but Birmingham is not. Decatur/Athens AL would be a natural node from Chattanooga, Birmingham, and Nashville. Another 100 miles west in Corinth MS puts you within 100 miles of Memphis. These are all Superchargers I would like to use, speaking as a Tesla owner who has never seen a Supercharger.

5. ilovtesl

ilovtesl Member

I went over to the factory recently since i was in the bay area for vacation and saw the superchargers they are soooo cool! Sadly factory tours were booked till September. In a recent news article i read they are looking to install 6-8 superchargers. (do you think they might install them at the brand new store)

Put comments below on what you think

6. Vitaman

Vitaman Member

Once the Decatur location opens (later this year?), there will be a high concentration of EVs in a very small area.
    Across the street from the new Tesla showroom is a Nissan Dealer, and right next door is BMW.
    I live a mile away and am hoping to take my November delivery close to home.

7. ilovtesl

ilovtesl Member

I dont know when its going to open but when it does one of the dealerships is going down and its not tesla

8. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

It isn't that simple.

Georgia dealers seek to slam brakes on Tesla Motors' Atlanta expansion - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Tesla Fight Erupts in Georgia as Dealers Seek Sales Ban - Bloomberg

I hope it is ok to post these articles here too. I put them in the news section and then I noticed that there is nothing about the topic in the regional forums. It is time for Georgia to create the groundswell of Tesla support that is expected by some.

9. ilovtesl

ilovtesl Member

I hope it doesn't go thru. Tesla should expand in atlanta

10. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Tesla should simply build stores immediately across state lines outside of Georgia and other problem states. Stick their thumb in Georgia's eye and twist.

11. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

How would this hurt Georgia? it would still get the sales tax when the buyer registers the car in the state. Anyway I don't see Anniston, AL or Anderson, SC. etc. as hotbeds of potential Tesla sales.

12. ilovtesl

ilovtesl Member

They should only do it for states that banned the sales but any news of when this store will open

13. Thud

Thud Member

As of this morning it's still an empty building with no signs of renovation going on. It's supposed to be open by November according to the guy I talked to in the Marietta store.

14. ilovtesl

ilovtesl Member

Usual tesla no progress on atlanta. I guess there too caught up with the gigafactory, model x, and the ban on georgia. Be prepared for delays.

15. MrSled

MrSled Member

Why continue with the project if there is a chance this ban will go through? Tesla has plenty of markets clamoring for their cars and will just ship them where they can be sold. Tesla just opened up Japan and Australia, and China is a focus market so I doubt production will be impacted at all. Unfortunately, this will hurt GA the most since the tax revenue Tesla would have generated from sales will be lost and other States/Countries will benefit. As usual, politicians will bow to whomever contributes to their campaigns and do what's "right" by them (in this case the dealers association), not the general public. Given the current situation, the resources are probably better served elsewhere. Call your elected representatives and let them know you do not approve and your vote will be cast for another candidate in the next election if your voice is not heard!

16. ilovtesl

ilovtesl Member

makes sense Tesla should just open the stores and superchargers as soon as they can just in case they get banned here

17. Vitaman

Vitaman Member

New Decatur Service Center and Showroom?

Drove by an abandoned car dealership on Church St last night and noticed some building activity.
    For those familiar with what stand alone Dealerships look like, do these pics look like a Tesla Store in its infant stage?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry 'bout that last photo that requires a neck stretch.

Attached Files:

18. ilovtesl

ilovtesl Member

Awesome finally progress I would estimate it to open by mid december

19. BigAirHarper

BigAirHarper Member

That looks very similar to the one that recently opened in Devon, PA if I remember correctly.