Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Atlanta Store: 1580 Church St.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 357102 Was at Decatur Georgia Service on 11/30/2018 & took note of the same signage that California T owners had reported being posted around Superchargers.

Attachments

• C505156D-E926-400B-B3CD-D89F78BC4F33.jpeg
    C505156D-E926-400B-B3CD-D89F78BC4F33.jpeg
    884.1 KB · Views: 205
Huh. Ok, good for them. That parking lot is always jammed with stock anyway, especially lately.

I keep hearing rumors of new Tesla charging going in nearby soon, and I figured they'd remove access to these AFTER the new ones were in.

There was a construction site behind the new Whole Foods across the street that looked like it might be for EV charging, but it turned out to be a multilane drive-through ATM :)

Does Decatur still have Superchargers? It shows up on Superchargers info site but there is nothing listed on Tesla's Supercharger site and it doesn't show up in the Tesla App. Superchargers info lists it having 4 stalls (150kW???) and open 24/7. What is the status?

Does Decatur still have Superchargers? It shows up on Superchargers info site but there is nothing listed on Tesla's Supercharger site and it doesn't show up in the Tesla App. Superchargers info lists it having 4 stalls (150kW???) and open 24/7. What is the status?
There are Superchargers there but they're typically reserved for cars that are in for service or that are about to be delivered. I believe that Tesla prefers that owners not try to charge there, though they might allow it if the service center is open and you ask nicely. The parking lot there is a mess, however, and I wouldn't count on being able to get at the chargers even if they did allow you to make use of them.

There are Superchargers there but they're typically reserved for cars that are in for service or that are about to be delivered. I believe that Tesla prefers that owners not try to charge there, though they might allow it if the service center is open and you ask nicely. The parking lot there is a mess, however, and I wouldn't count on being able to get at the chargers even if they did allow you to make use of them.

A worker there told me, no charging was allowed unless your car was being serviced.

I took delivery in Decatur last week and as best I can tell, this Center no longer has any public facing superchargers. I remember charging here in 2015 when I was traveling through Atlanta but the superchargers are no longer available to travelers and this site should probably be removed as a supercharging site from Supercharge.info. @BlueShift @Chuq

I can confirm that this site is absolutely not public, it doesn't show up in Tesla in-car nav, and that's been the case for two full years now. At the very least, the supercharge.info map should show this site as a red/black marker, with limited service, like they did for the first Alpharetta site. It would be better to remove it from the map completely though, and this has been requested multiple times here.