Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Center Console notice email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received my iPhone adapter kit for the new Integrated Console via Fedex. Total turn around was about 11 days and I ordered it the first day it was up on the Tesla Gear Website...

Interesting that the description on the box is MODEL X PHONE ADAPTOR.

Also this is an end user install for the adaptor, the service center does not install this part. Looks very simple to accomplish and only tool needed is a phillips screwdriver and fingers.

This is just a bit more proof (to me at least) that the Integrated Console (IC) itself is in actuality, the Model X console, perhaps exactly the same or slightly different so that it will fit the Model S. As you may know, the Console on the Model X comes with the phone adapter kit and also has the hidden, pop out rear cup holders much like the new Model S Integrated Console.

BTW, my Integrated Console is waiting for me at the Milford, CT Service Center and will be installed on July 5th. Total wait time was about 4 months as I had the older drop in console on order and took advantage of the email from Tesla to switch it to the IC promptly. I will take some photos and get them posted when the install is done.

This will be the first time that my S will be visiting the SC since new. Nothing for them to do. She has been running perfectly.

Last but not least, here is the instruction page for the kit...View attachment 183428
My SC installed the adapter and didn't give me the instructions. But it was pretty easy to figure out how it worked. I couldn't fit my iphone with my low profile case when I got it. I opened the thing up to see how it worked and realized (as someone in the forum already pointed out), the bad design means the lightning connector couldn't rise more than it should. I sanded out the bottom of the bracket that holds the lightning cable and that pushed it up enough so that my phone works with the case.

Thought i'd share this in case someone finds it useful.

• Helpful
Reactions: wdolson and msnow
I wonder if the sliding lid on the new console is the same as the one on the Model X. If so I wonder if you can order the wood covered (or carbon fiber) covered version and retrofit it.
Interesting. Well I have the part number for the S, I could all about the X. Although, I think the X may have rear USB so while they are similar, they may not be interchangeable. Which, of course, seems silly to have two different part numbers for the same thing, but hey, Tesla also has 14 different batteries and 24 drive units.

Interesting. Well I have the part number for the S, I could all about the X. Although, I think the X may have rear USB so while they are similar, they may not be interchangeable. Which, of course, seems silly to have two different part numbers for the same thing, but hey, Tesla also has 14 different batteries and 24 drive units.
I wonder if you could just order the door?

• Love
Reactions: Reekdog
My SC installed the adapter and didn't give me the instructions. But it was pretty easy to figure out how it worked. I couldn't fit my iphone with my low profile case when I got it. I opened the thing up to see how it worked and realized (as someone in the forum already pointed out), the bad design means the lightning connector couldn't rise more than it should. I sanded out the bottom of the bracket that holds the lightning cable and that pushed it up enough so that my phone works with the case.

Thought i'd share this in case someone finds it useful.

I'm going to try that. I got a lightning connector extender, which works, but is less than perfect.

I'm going to try that. I got a lightning connector extender, which works, but is less than perfect.

You guys may want to check out a thread I started a long time ago about how I modified the phone holder in the original console. I expect it is applicable:

Modifying the Tesla Center Console for phones in cases (Pictures Included)

Reactions: Andyw2100
You guys may want to check out a thread I started a long time ago about how I modified the phone holder in the original console. I expect it is applicable:

Modifying the Tesla Center Console for phones in cases (Pictures Included)
Thanks for the link Andy. I did't see your posting before. But looking at the pictures, it seems they've changed the connector a little bit. At least the bracket that holds the right angled lightning connector is quite a bit different than what I got. But I think it's the same idea, make some space to push the connector higher.

Reactions: Andyw2100