Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Cream Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone actually seen the cream in person? Are there any better pictures than the one on the configurator?

It looks like the console is a lighter color and maybe even the door sills and carpet, too. This would be a welcome improvement from the endless sea of black in every Model S.

Black carpet, door sills, pillar lower trim, upper dash, steering column, steering wheel and even seat belts - way too much! Every Model S has a black interior - only different color seats and partial door trim panels offer any relief. Hopefully the newly hired Volvo interior designer can improve these dreadful interiors.

Yeah. The interiors are really depressing right now. I was in a friend's brand new X5 the other day. Had the gorgeous baseball glove cognac leather. Black roof liner, leather dash. Impeccable fit and finish. I think Tesla needs revisit their approach to Model S interiors. Otherwise they are going to let the legacy brands catch up with all electric offerings that require no luxury sacrifice. Not to mention the Model 3 cannibalising Model S sales.

Hi all, just ordered my Model S with cream interior. This are the images that I got from Tessa in order to decide....

Attachments

• Cream vr. Tan.jpg
    Cream vr. Tan.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 2,028
  • Cream - 03.jpg
    Cream - 03.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 1,360
  • Cream - 02.jpg
    Cream - 02.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 1,385
  • Cream - 01.jpg
    Cream - 01.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 1,365
When someone takes delivery, I'd sure love to see some detailed pictures of the cream interior. It's evident that the console is now a lighter cream color. But what is not clear is whether the carpeting and lower interior plastic body trim is now a lighter color other than black.

There's way too much black in all model S interiors. As soon as this situation improves with some lighter colors - to include at least carpet and lower trim, I'm ready to move up. But not until then.

My Bolt's light ash grey/ ceramic white interior is completely color keyed - even including the seat belts. I find this a more inviting interior than my Model S - black with tan seats. Come on Tesla it's time to step up your game on these drab interiors!

Attachments

• IMG_3752.JPG
    IMG_3752.JPG
    402.3 KB · Views: 1,260
  • FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 1,190
  • FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 1,207
Last edited:
Me too, on the order. Local store didn't get any samples, either, and I'll post pics if no one else has. The Design Studio looks tons better than the 'tan' leather, especially with a cream console, and my OA told me no one ("") bought the tan leather because it was several shades of tan in the seats

Definitely looking forward (with crossed fingers!) to delivery! I do wish they had other choices (grey? something....!).

Reactions: Rossy
I am hoping that the cream interior has dark carpet. We have an Infiniti with cream colored seats and carpet. The light carpet is impossible to keep clean. Hopefully they learned with the white seats to have dark carpet.
I believe it is. The back carpet is black and the front mats (in the store) are black. I think all the 'lower' color is still black. But we shall all see shortly when the new cars show up!

Different preferences, I guess. But I'm thrilled that the cream doesn't have the black carpet and trim. Mostly black Model S interiors is all we've had for years. It high time for a lighter interior with lighter carpet and trim.

Now if they would just get rid of that black steering wheel and column - that keeps it looking like a commercial delivery truck inside. The pebble grain black plastic seat backs need to go, too - grossly out of place in any car except the absolute cheapest ones.

The carpet in the photo above appears to be a darker shade than the seats. Hopefully they will be dark enough to hide dirt and marks from shoes. If not, I will have to go with either the white or black interior.
I understand Tforme's desire to get away from a totally black interior. I have avoided that in every car that I have owned. Black can be especially hot in Texas. However, I am optimistic that the new Ultrafabric will not get as hot as black leather tends to get. I am cautiously optimistic about the glass roof. Do any of you have any experience with the glass roof in the Model S? I cannot imagine that it would not overheat the interior on a sunny summer day.

As a Texas Tech alumni I know how hot that west Texas sun can be. The glass roof blocks a lot of the heat and UV, but not as much as a steel roof. I'm happy my older S85 has a steel roof, and also the more effective HID headlights, and the much larger frunk, and free supercharging. I'm probably not willing to give up these things (and a huge wad of cash) to move to the new cream interior.

Last edited:
Hm, interesting.... All I see in the Design Studio for Interior is this:

upload_2017-8-19_12-20-25.png

Where do you see a shot that shows the floor like that?

Strange that yours seem to show a light(er) carpet when all mats are still black...

Edit: from the angle, it appears to be from the S Design Studio (sorry, didn't see your S comment). My shot is from the X... I do see a hint of lighter carpet in the S one... but not the larger piece your pic has... I wonder if the X is different because it's an 'SUV'? Who knows at this point with no cars and no samples...

Last edited:
My cream 75D is currently in production and scheduled for delivery sometime between 9/8 - 9/22. As a Texas resident, cream was really the only option for me with the stupid hot summers here. I'm a little worried about the cream carpet/floor mats because I have small kids, but I guess that's what all weather mats are for.

IMG_1504.PNG

Found this single actual picture of the cream interior in MS. Sadly the carpet, plastic trim, door panels, etc are still dark black just like the other "interior colors". Apparently only the console (and mats!) are lighter. Too bad; this isn't what I had hoped for - it's still a black interior with lighter seats; but I suppose the cream is a more contemporary looking color than the tan was.

Last edited:
I just placed my order for a Model S last night, and I can't wait. I ordered Midnight Silver with black interior, but I also worry about the heat and the feeling of darkness... and since I have 3 days to change, I guess I'll torture myself with indecision. I like the cream interior, but has anyone seen this color combination yet (Midnight silver, cream)? And does anyone have an update on how easily these light colored floormats stain?

Thanks!

Personal opinion, but I think the midnight silver would look spectacular with the cream interior. I can assure you the light floor mats will stain easily. Black ones stain just as easily, you just don't see it as much!

But that really is a non-issue. The Tesla floor mats are cheap (and not very good quality) at about $100 a set. Buy a set of black ones. I've got two extra sets of black mats: Tesla factory mats (new) and Lloyds custom mats (near new). Let me know if you'd want either set.