Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Equalizer In Version 8.0.2.50.114 - Please Share Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These settings apply to those with the Light Harmonic standard speaker upgrade only so apologies to those outside that small subset. I’ve done some frequency measurements taken from the front seat drivers position in the car using an uncalibrated iPhone mic and an app called Octave RTA so the measurements are approximate but in the ballpark. I used 0-200 Hz, 0-2 kHz and 0-20k Hz test tones at -30db reference level and set the stereo volume setting on 7. I also looked at the pink noise generated by the HVAC system. The car was at rest and in a very quiet rural setting with minimal background noise.
IMG_3240.jpg
The first picture shows the HVAC noise, mainly between 100-500 Hz.
I then turned off the HVAC for the frequency response readings. This is the most optimised settings that I could get using the new 5 band equaliser in the latest software update. Look at the top white line averaged curve rather than the prettier coloured spectrum.
IMG_3241.jpg

The settings that gave me this response were (L to R) +7, +5.5, +4, +3, +6.5.

And if that does not work for you, try the settings I have: +12 +6 +6 +8 +5.5

And if that doesn't work, make sure to park with the valve stems all at exactly twelve o'clock, and walk around the car exactly three times after exiting, holding the right leg of a chicken between your teeth, while humming the national anthem of the country immediately to the north of your country.

And if that doesn't work, make sure to park with the valve stems all at exactly twelve o'clock, and walk around the car exactly three times after exiting, holding the right leg of a chicken between your teeth, while humming the national anthem of the country immediately to the north of your country.

And simultaneously pledging allegiance to Elon.

There's a country north of us?

Mike

Normally I'd have the bass at 11-12, but it sounds muddy and muffled depending on the recording.

But, you know, for Beach House anyway (a band I like), this mix works well when volume is at 11. Why the EQ has values going to 12 seems a bit weird. The volume should have 12 too, but if you take it that high, the windows should all automatically open, of course.

YOLO :)

View attachment 207952
How come it goes higher than 11?

Mine all to reset to the highest single value, does everyone else concur? So, in my case, the highest was 8.5 but the rest are different and lower, they are all 8.5 by the next morning.
Mine all reset to the same value (3.5), but that wasn't the highest value out of the 5 sliders. As someone mentioned in another post, I think it might be the last value that was actually touched.

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
Mine all reset to the same value (3.5), but that wasn't the highest value out of the 5 sliders. As someone mentioned in another post, I think it might be the last value that was actually touched.
Time to do some science. Since my equalizer levels were all reset to 3.5, I set one of the two midrange sliders to 2.0, then set another to 2.5 and dismissed the panel.

Next year (i.e. tomorrow morning), if the settings are still 3.5 across the board, we'll know that it's the highest value which is remembered. And if the settings are all 2.0, then it's the lowest value. But if the settings are all at 2.5 in the morning, that will indicate it was the last value modified.

Reactions: sbtz