Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New estimated delivery on Tesla page

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does the $2500 down payment work that you paid when you order the Tesla. When you go to pickup the car when ready with the final purchase amount that you owe (ie with taxes, fees, etc) do you just subtract $2500
Yes. If you look at your my tesla account, manage, then look under the financial section it will show the math of cost of vehicle, plus taxes and fees, minus the $2500, minus the $1000 reservation (if you had one).

I ordered a P3D on 8/20/2018. I had placed a reservation in May 2018 and have a MS on lease. At configuration, it specified delivery as Oct.-Dec. As many folks have seen, that shifted to "by October" recently. I checked today and it's now saying "late September." I don't have a VIN and still have the edit button. Seems like an obvious push to get those P3Ds delivered by EOQ. While I think it's a coincidence, my OA had called me yesterday and mentioned something about hopefully lining the M3 delivery with my lease expiration on my MS which is due to be returned end of September.

Mine changed as well. Originally August - October, now only October. If Tesla is taking more production time for quality control, I'm happy to wait.

My delivery date was just updated to 9/16 by may delivery adviser. He was very respectful of my travel schedule in October and succeeded in meeting my request for earlier delivery. I've got the VIN number already and now waiting for the MVPA. Couldn't be more pleased with Tesla delivery support in my case.

What did you have on order and what is your location?

I've been stuck on Sept-Nov for a month now.
Ordered/Customized July 7th. LR AWD, Aero Wheels. I already have my preapproval from my bank - JUST NEED MY PURCHASE ORDER!
Seattle.

Ordered AWD in MSM, black interior, 19” wheels. Ordered 7/8, got set up for delivery on 8/18, submitted final payment and everything and was then called at 5pm on 8/17 to cancel delivery, now back to square one.

Will probably have to do trade-in and credit application all over again. Was told that there is currently no ETA for a new match.

As long as I get it by the end of the year...

Seattle.

Ordered AWD in MSM, black interior, 19” wheels. Ordered 7/8, got set up for delivery on 8/18, submitted final payment and everything and was then called at 5pm on 8/17 to cancel delivery, now back to square one.

Will probably have to do trade-in and credit application all over again. Was told that there is currently no ETA for a new match.

As long as I get it by the end of the year...
Sorry to hear. That’s nuts. Why did they cancel delivery?

Reservation 4/4/16, 3 pushes on delivery from 1stQ 2018 to 4thQ 2018 and then a reverse push to 3rdQ. Delivery of M3D occured on 8/21/18.

Going back for repair on 8/31/18 for paint issues and steering wheel being of center. Car drives straight. Still love the car and how far advanced it is in comparison to other autos today.

Same here, with white on white P3D. Ordered 6/27/18. Of note, my girlfriend ordered non-P blue/white interior dual motor same day and is now already scheduled for delivery on 9/1. She reserved online night of reveal while I waited in line earlier that day. Clearly ordering performance is no guarantee of earlier delivery.

An update five days later: I noticed that last night my estimate changed again, this time from "by October" to "by late September" and then this morning I received the call to schedule delivery for 9/3 or later. Yay!