Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Evannex cubby compartment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Obeche Matte, and I'm wondering if it may look better to get the matte black instead of obeche matte to match the standard center console in the facelift. Thoughts? Pictures?

I bought the Evannex one with matte obeche wood, and it is not good construction.Looked cheap. I replaced it with the matte black from EV Everything. 10X better quality and it does not need that silly magnet to hold it in. I like that it disappears (matte finish) rather than trying to be part of the dash (fake wood) and stick out.

IMG_4159.JPG
I bought the Evannex one with matte obeche wood, and it is not good construction.Looked cheap. I replaced it with the matte black from EV Everything. 10X better quality and it does not need that silly magnet to hold it in. I like that it disappears (matte finish) rather than trying to be part of the dash (fake wood) and stick out.
My custom cubby from Carina just came and it's amazing! Thanks Carina

I ended up getting the matte black a few months ago and think it looks completely natural!

Understood. If the cover with grain were smack in my face and I didn't have CF, it would probably drive me nuts too. I'm all about the details. Fortunately it's positioned pretty low; it's pretty dark down there, and not something most driver or front passengers eyes will be drawn to -- at least mine aren't.

BTW, thinking about your post last night, I suspect the vertical grain on the lower cubby cover may have been a purposeful design decision given the Evannex Center Console has wood grain that runs back-to-front (ala lengthwise, not side-to-side like the dash), so the CCI grain line then extends up through the cubby cover if someone has it, and it is then visually broken by the CID with horizontal dash grain lines on either side, a foot higher than the cubby. I suppose it's all about art, esthetics, and what pleases one person more than the other. ;) ...but then again, if someone has a Tesla Center Console, it only comes with black covers, so selecting one of the two black cubby covers may be a good alternative than going with wood grain. So many choices!

If you have the yacht floor with the Obeche gloss wood the grain runs front/back as well, as opposed to side/side. The same holds true for the rear AC wood, runs vertical.

Last edited:
Just to add my thumbs up for the EV Everything cubby tray - it clicks into place & also comes with stops which keep the drawer from coming all the way out. I am more than happy with how it looks like original equipment and just blends in.

View attachment 221497 View attachment 221498 View attachment 221499
I ordered the same tray and can add my satisfaction with this tray as an option. It looks like it belongs there and is well made. When pulling out the tray, it's a little flimsy but does the job of staying in place closed or open.