Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Monday evening it is working fast.

Setting all forums as read helped me get back to normal.

Toss your old bookmarks that no longer work. There are new URL locations that do similar things as the old forum. It takes a bit of searching to find them, but that is part of the fun and it makes life exciting. Reminds me of Model X.

Check the new Groups feature. Very nice!

There are enough new features to keep me learning. It's different, but workable. Give it time and enjoy what is best.

Doug why did you do this? You took a readable, logically ordered directory layout and turned it into a mess. Seriously - can you explain to us how this new layout is a usability improvement over the old one? And this gray background is like trying to read on cheap recycled paper - the contrast between the text and background is reduced. What is the point of a gray background other than to look new/cool/different?

Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 5.42.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 5.51.31 PM.png

For those who only use mobile and claim It looks like great on the mobile - you should be using an app like Tapatalk that will give you much much better reading and writing experience.

Sure maybe it looks better now on Safari on iPhone than before, but that can't hold a candle to the App experience.

I hate apps if I can continue to use a browser on my phone I will. Blame Twitter and Facebook to ruining me to the whole "App" experience when a browser would suffice. Yes there are benefits to Apps on your phone, maps, banking apps, stock trading apps, generally a complex web design that would be too busy or too complicated to use standard HTML/CSS are conducive to Apps. Facebook for example has *less* functionality in Apl format. And then combine with the bloat of "notifications" which makes some Apps resource hogs that just won't push themselves to the background whereas at least Chrome on my phone knows when to go to the background and stop eating CPU cycles.

I tried TapTalk previously and hated it. Even with the lack of a proper mobile format for the site I much preferred using my phone browser for TMC over TapTalk.

I'm also pretty bummed that the hundred thread links and direct links to forums and features are dead now.

That was the first thing that happened to me this afternoon when I attempted to access it.

There are many hundreds if not thousands of articles in the Internet that refer to messages here on this site. I've linked to dozens myself. Perhaps they can fix the URL references? I don't really know. In USENET, message-id's were used, which never changed.

Long time lurker here, made an account to provide feedback on the new website.

This is a large disappointment , I used to be able to pop "what's new" and get something like 20 threads per page. It was clean and efficient.

Now I come to this and it is taking up the whole screen just for each thread title.
I hit request desktop site to try and salvage my experience. No luck.

Come on guys, we have HD phones these days, why turn the website basicly into some widget we can barely use?

For those interested, Redit has some great Tesla content aswell, still phone friendly.

Speaking of Reddit. Imagine Reddit users came to that site one day and discovered karma was gone. And upvotes.

That's what TMC apparently has killed here. Reputation was a huge, valuable thing that encouraged good user behavior, helped nudge users to become positive contributors, and gave everyone something to work toward.. lots of green. All wiped out. It is an astonishing move by the proprietors of TMC.

Reactions: pvogel