Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Tesla's official announcement:
"Customers who previously purchased Full Self-Driving will receive an invitation to Tesla’s Early Access Program (EAP). EAP members are invited to experience and provide feedback on new features and functionality before they are rolled out to other customers."
Upgrading to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

So folks who pre-paid for FSD will be part of the early access program.
Well, finally some good news for us FSD purchasers. At least they threw us a bone.

Reactions: OPRCE
So folks who pre-paid for FSD will be part of the early access program.

At this stage in life, I'm not willing to pay for the privilege of testing someone's buggy software. :)

I admit I had been considering springing for the $5K FSD upgrade for fear that the price would go up, and I'm glad I didn't.

So, according to this, my current online pricing of $4,000/$11,000 will drop to $2000/$5000? It seems strange that AP would change from 7k to 4K to 2k. Are they thinking I may be so eager to get it that I will purchase now?! Very confusing...

The $7K was for EAP, not AP, wasn't it? The new AP package lacks NoA, and other things. EAP was $5K if bought at delivery.

The real bargain now is buying both for $5K, as you will get everything vs folks who previously only got EAP for that price.

Reactions: OPRCE
Bought my S back in June 17 with just EAP and no FSD. FSD shows as a $3k option now in My Tesla, but Elon tweeted it will be adjusted to $2k for those who purchased EAP.

Keep seeing posts that you will get HW3 upgrade only if you purchased FSD before, so if I buy FSD now, I won't get HW3.0? I don't think that makes sense figuring we would need HW3.0 for FSD features or am I missing something?
Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 9.53.53 AM.png

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
I still see 4K/11k. This really is one of the stranger Tesla rollouts. I think I’ll just stop looking for a day or two until this multi billion dollar company can figure out what to they are trying to do...