Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Launch Mode - firmware 2.9.40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quite probably it applies the maximum torque immediately with the release of the brakes. It'll probably shave a couple of tens of a second from 0-60 speed.

A couple of tens of a second would be very, very impressive. Considering the fact that people pay thousands of dollar for the insane to ludicrous update, only for 3 tens of a second, giving that away for free OTA without even making a fuss about it...

I would not be surprised to see .2 improvement. There is a significant torque build up. My wife and kids as well as myself can feel a noticeable difference. No way to actually measure other than power tools. Haven't tried that yet

I would not be surprised to see .2 improvement. There is a significant torque build up. My wife and kids as well as myself can feel a noticeable difference. No way to actually measure other than power tools. Haven't tried that yet

Would it be possible for you to take a video of the sequence you're following to achieve a successful launch and share it with us, similar to what I posted? I'm still struggling to engage Launch mode on my P85D and would love to see how you're doing it. Thanks!

In my personal experience with PS tires on 21' rims, the RWD P85 is already traction limited from launch (anything more than aggressive pedal pressure will engage TC), I doubt that applying max torque to two tires would have much beneficial effect, but I may be wrong !

The crappy asphalt we have in Quebec may be partially to blame, not much I can do about that ...

1334a084111bd578536d2cafd61e51e8.jpg
c27a1a91a674402ee6cf8eab233bde5c.jpg

Those are with max battery ready. You can see it shows 79 hp torqued up using launch mode when the brake is released. 89 percent SOC

It feels quicker. Power tools still reads 3.5 0-60