Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW Model 3 Highland review!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand the concerns about using turn signals in round a bouts, but in USA 99.999% of intersections are conventional intersections.
yup, and in New Jersey, you’d turn right, in order to go left … they call it “jughandles” … so annoying 🤦🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_9603.gif
    IMG_9603.gif
    37 KB · Views: 145
  • Informative
Reactions: dakhlkt22
wonder why no performance?
Currently having a 2019 SR+ with 14K on the ODO, I'll take miles over performance any day of the week!! Not to go off on a Dennis Miller rant here, but the max miles I get when I charge to 100% is 215 miles (sometimes less), not 240. Now, from those 215 miles, I consume on average 1.5 (actual range loss is 1.4 to 1.6) range miles for every mile I drive. This means that from the 215 range miles showing at 100% charge, I actually get roughly 143 real world driving miles on average. So out of the original 240 miles (I thought I was buying, I know, I know, hear me out), right now I lose almost 100 of those range miles right from the get-go! Using the same math, of those 420 miles (678 KMs), I can expect 280 real world miles if the Highland will consistently charge to 100% of the 420 range miles. So again, I'll take miles over performance any day of the week!​

Far from it. I even think it looks better than expected. Only thing i'm gonna do is apply PPF, tint the windows and maybe different wheels. And lower it in the future to finish it off.

I ordered exactly the same spec as below, will be delivered in okt-dec.

View attachment 971529

And the back looks great in white too.

View attachment 971530
Agreed, the front looks better on the new car. I remember the first year, there were aftermarket companies already offering a version of that same nose.

Reactions: Olle
So why did you get the standard (short) range model?
Well, at the time I bought the SR+, I was naïve enough to believe that I'd get somewhere around the 240 mark in miles. I bought it solely for commuting the SoCal freeway system to/from work as it allowed me to use the HOV lanes. At 240, I (incorrectly) assumed it would have given me a week's worth of commuting (I worked 4 ten hours days per week). Unfortunately, even at charging to 240, I'd still only get 2½ days’ worth of commuting. The LR was 310 miles IIRC, so using the same math, at 310, I would still only net ~180 miles versus the ~140 miles I now get. Also, I think the LR was also $10k more than the SR+ at the time. I’m now retired, so commuting is no longer a concern. Bottom line, had I known then what I know now, I wouldn’t have bought the Tesla at all. I like my Tesla; but for the most part it sits in my garage plugged in at 80% until I need it, which is infrequently, hence only 14K on the ODO. When I do travel, I use my wife's ICE, it has a true 400+ mile range.​

why would the put the bsm led in the speaker grill on one side and the mirror on the other?

I spotted that light in another video; a little light is in that speaker. I don't understand why Tesla just doesn't display a small blind spot light in the extreme top left and extreme top right of the screen? It could be done for all of the current cars via a software update and no hardware changes would be needed.

Reactions: cusetownusa
I spotted that light in another video; a little light is in that speaker. I don't understand why Tesla just doesn't display a small blind spot light in the extreme top left and extreme top right of the screen? It could be done for all of the current cars via a software update and no hardware changes would be needed.
I don't usually look at the mirror to change lane. I look more at the ego on the visualization screen. I want Tesla to scale the visualization to display the area 3.5 or 4 car length after the ego to feel more comfortable.

• Funny
Reactions: smogne41