TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New NEMA 6-50 & 10-30 UMC Adapters

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by glhs272, Mar 29, 2017.

1. glhs272

glhs272 Unnamed plug faced villian

Hadn't seen anything posted yet so I figured I mention that today I received a package from Tesla. Inside were several newly revised and manufactured Tesla UMC adapters. This is due to the recall. These have a white connector face. Since I had purchased the entire collection of UMC adapters way back in 2013, I have about every type. Plus a duplicate NEMA 6-50 adapter because I had purchased two of them previously. Early on my house was only wired for 6-50 outlets (as well as family & friends) I bought a spare just in case. Now I am really swimming in UMC adapters. Although I am supposed to send the old ones back to Tesla. I see Tesla is still not selling the NEMA 6-50 & 10-30 on their website. Perhaps when they get through this recall of adapters they will start selling them again?

Attached Files:

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Looks like they went with Grey for the refreshed 6-50s like the refreshed 14-50s...

3. miimura

miimura Active Member

I certainly hope they will start selling all the adapter configurations they have had in the past. While they're at it, they should make a 6-20 also.

• Like x 3
  4. mattmass

mattmass Member

You got a replacement for both of your 6-50s? I was wondering what they'd do in that situation.

5. Petra

Petra Member

I haven't received my replacements yet... I did get a call from Tesla last month (I think?) confirming my address, but that's about it so far.

6. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Got a set as well.

7. pfremm

pfremm Member

Out of curiosity do you really have a 10-30 for a dryer within the length of the UMC? I figure I almost have to make adapters since I figure I also need a 14-50 extension cord.

8. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

Zero replacements yet over here as well.

9. GSP

GSP Member

Sending your UMC to Quick Charge Power to extend its length is also an option, They have the same cable the UNC uses, which is more flexible and much lighter than 50 Amp extension cords. They also have the tools for aircraft grade splicing.

Tesla UMC extension

If you go this route, the entire length is protected by the UMC's GFCI circuit.

GSP

10. glhs272

Yup.

Actually, yes. I have used my 10-30 adapter at my parents house. They have a 6-50 outlet on the outside of there house that I usually use. However their garage is built into their basement where their laundry room is. There have been a few occasions where I needed to park and charge in the garage and the adapter came in handy.

Yes a very light grey. I call them white... because close enough.

• Informative x 1
  11. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

I'd like to buy or borrow a 10-30 adapter (new or old) so I can charge at my in-law's place over spring break, 4/8-4/15
    I can pickup in the bay area if that is convenient.
    Thanks

12. glhs272

#12 glhs272, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Don't know who you're asking, but if you're asking me, sure. I would have to ship it to you (unless you want to pickup in Wisconsin).

If you just want to borrow, I can send you my new one. All I would ask is you pay for shipping and a $100 deposit as collateral. I am not sure about selling the old one. Tesla is asking for it back (although I don't know how they are going to force me), so I am reluctant to sell the old one. I guess maybe if you just want to borrow the old one I would drop the deposit to $50 but need to make sure I get it back.

If interested, PM me.

13. MIT_S60

MIT_S60 Member

I hope this means they will put the 6-50 back on their website in the near future if they have them produced! I've been waiting for that adapter since I have a 6-50 outlet from a charger I used for my LEAF before I sold it. What's the part number on the new 6-50 adapter so that I can start bugging my service centers about them? I would hold off on returning the recalled adapters until Tesla starts selling them again as they are still incredibly hard to find and could be useful for some people.

14. glhs272

The new NEMA 6-50 adapter is Tesla part #1016021-10-C

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  15. idealsol

idealsol Member

Laughing at pic
    Hope you're not stealing batteries from your Tesla for the solar lights!!

16. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

No replacements yet for three adapters and no call. Granted I've only used the 6-50 about six times, the 14-30 twice, and the 10-30 never.