Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New New England Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live about 20 miles away from the West Hartford location. Construction is well underway. Sorry about the quality of the pictures but I always seem to be in that area at night. I'm two years away from my Model S so I plan on using these Superchargers in the future.

Thanks for the pictures! Send more when you can.

Welcome! You may need to do some more text posts before you can upload more pictures. I think there is a threshold at 10 posts or something like that.

More West Farms Mall photos for fueling our excitement. This is the West Hartford, CT location tucked away behind a Red Robbin. Within 1 minute walk is a D'angelos and Trader Joe's. 5 minute walk across the street to the mall where there is a nice P.F. Changs restaurant. Shouldn't see much in the way of ICEing as the charging stations are tucked away from the obvious parking areas.
image_1.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_4.jpeg
image_5.jpeg
image_6.jpeg
image.jpeg

This daytime picture confirms what I thought and that it is going to be tight getting into these chargers. One will have to stop traffic to back into these stalls and conversely pull out into traffic to leave. I will admit I don't frequent Corbins Corner, especially behind Red Robin, but this looks like it will be tricky depending on how much traffic there is on that road.

Daylight pano shot from today (10/19/14). West Farms Mall West Hartford, CT.
View attachment 61777

Thanks to everyone for the scouting and pictures. Because it can be a little daunting for some to find the diffuse info on TMC, and there is now a dedicated thread under Charging Standards and Infrastructure with a dedicated thread called Supercharger West Hartford, CT, how about posting new info and pictures there so that is it easier for users. That area has evolved to be the centralized location for Superchargers under construction.

See Supercharger - West Hartford, CT - Page 2 for an example of someone searching for info.

West Hartford and West Springfield are going to become quite the tag team of Superchargers, now when is Portsmouth, NH going to start? :biggrin:

NH really doesn't seem to be a priority. :mad: I know that a Model S owner volunteered to host a SC at his commercial location in the West Lebanon area. There's been no obvious movement on it, and it couldn't get much easier for Tesla - great location, willing property owner, plenty of power available, etc.

Seriously? That's very disappointing. Please try involving Mat and/or Jerome Guillen.

Seriously? That's very disappointing. Please try involving Mat and/or Jerome Guillen.

This has been what many of us have seen in the northeast. Several of us have contacted the person in Maine who is in charge of business innovation/making Maine business friendly. he has spoken to TM on a couple occasions about the willingness of several businesses to host SCs....and.....nothing.

Who's Mat? I've seen Jerome mentioned periodically.

The lack of a SC on the Boston to Hanover route is my last real holdup on purchasing. At least twice a month, I need to make quick round trip runs to the Hanover/West Leb area, with no opportunity (or time) for destination charging (actually, it's twice a week through the end of this year). I really need that SC in West Leb/WRJ or Hooksett to make it viable.

Who's Mat? I've seen Jerome mentioned periodically.

The lack of a SC on the Boston to Hanover route is my last real holdup on purchasing. At least twice a month, I need to make quick round trip runs to the Hanover/West Leb area, with no opportunity (or time) for destination charging (actually, it's twice a week through the end of this year). I really need that SC in West Leb/WRJ or Hooksett to make it viable.

Mat Boarman is the Watertown Service Center Manager. He has been supporting the Destination Charging program, and I expect he's passing on info about Supercharger candidate locations as well.

It's really too bad they aren't in place and you don't have your S - twice a week to the end of the year is 5000 miles right there...

Superchargers are sorely needed on that route. I can make it from Cambridge to Sunapee and back, even in winter (100 miles each way), but Hanover is just too far. Lately to get to our place south of Plattsburgh, NY I take the long sides of the triangle via I-90 and I-87 and stop midway at the Albany Supercharger. But I'd rather go via NH and VT, and they're needed for ski areas, espedially those without destination charging.

NH really doesn't seem to be a priority. :mad: I know that a Model S owner volunteered to host a SC at his commercial location in the West Lebanon area. There's been no obvious movement on it, and it couldn't get much easier for Tesla - great location, willing property owner, plenty of power available, etc.

There's some hope near the bottom of this page: Open E-mail to the SuperCharger Team / Skiing in New England/upstate New York this Winter | Forums | Tesla Motors

I heard back from the Supercharger team over the weekend (though Cal did not sign off on this personally):

"Hi James,
Thanks for the follow-up note. Over the past week, we have made progress on both West Springfield, MA and West Hartford, CT. We expect West Hartford, CT to break ground shortly, and made positive zoning advancements in West Springfield, MA.

Regarding the West Lebanon area, we did receive Newampster’s suggestion on Wednesday and currently have a target property in the near vicinity. We will keep this suggestion, and all others submitted to this link, in mind as we work swiftly to Supercharge I-91, I-89, and the rest of the Northeast.

Thanks for your continued support,
The Tesla Supercharger Team"
I read that last paragraph as they have a West Leb location in the works. I won't give away the specifics of Newampster's location, but as he mentions, it's close to 89, food/shopping, and power.