Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owner in Colorado

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

After looking around for a year or so for a CPO and even building a CPO filtered search website, I decided to buy a new one when the refresh hit.

I just picked up my refreshed pearl white 90D on Friday June 3rd and used my first supercharger in Silverthorne today. I saw quite a few other Teslas there. Just wanted to say Hi to the local community. So if you see me out or at a supercharger, come say Hi.

Thanks Erik

Tesla Delivery.jpg

Hi Erik- welcome to the club! You're going to love it! But you already know that.
Hello,

After looking around for a year or so for a CPO and even building a CPO filtered search website, I decided to buy a new one when the refresh hit.

I just picked up my refreshed pearl white 90D on Friday June 3rd and used my first supercharger in Silverthorne today. I saw quite a few other Teslas there. Just wanted to say Hi to the local community. So if you see me out or at a supercharger, come say Hi.

Thanks Erik

View attachment 179617
Welcome! The white is beautiful. The Silverthorne location is great. That was my first supercharger as well.

I was going down the cpo path also but decided to order new. We took delivery of out 85D last November. 7 months and 10k miles later and still loving it.

Should take delivery as well very soon ... probably this week and the car is on the truck and enroute.
Mulling over doing the Opticoat job.

DO IT!!! Steve @ coloradodetail is amazing and I will never own another car that does not have opticoat. I spent hours on sunday detailing my car and it looked AMAZING for about 24 hours. When I came out to the car after work yesterday there was a layer of pollen over everything. I think between the dust, pollen, rain storms in colorado it's hard to keep something clean for long. This morning I sprayed ONR on my car, dried it off, and it looked detailed again in about 10 mins. It's so easy to maintain now.

That's personal choice 100%. Personally, I don't care much for a little orange peel, I'm not entering my car into the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance anytime soon. ;)

But paint protection film is very important in Colorado. It will cost about $2k to have a premium film like Xpel Ultimate applied to the entire front, hood, fenders, and halfway up the front doors. Some people shell out $4-5k and do the entire body. I've never had a car in Colorado not riddled with chips on the front end.

DO IT!!! Steve @ coloradodetail is amazing and I will never own another car that does not have opticoat. I spent hours on sunday detailing my car and it looked AMAZING for about 24 hours. When I came out to the car after work yesterday there was a layer of pollen over everything. I think between the dust, pollen, rain storms in colorado it's hard to keep something clean for long. This morning I sprayed ONR on my car, dried it off, and it looked detailed again in about 10 mins. It's so easy to maintain now.
Thank you. This is helpful. Still doing some due diligence here but sounds like Steve has a lot of folks vouching for his work. Which is great.
So the main advantage is paint protection, scratch protection, "waxed vehicle" look or shine. Less need for waxing in the future, easier to clean, faster to clean.
Any experience with rock chip protection? Thinking of all the angles here living in Colorado.
Thanks!

Yes, I have decided to get the "Max Protection" completed on my S from Steve. Max Protection is: nano-fusion film (paint protection film) from the roof line forward. Full hood, full fender, bumper, headlights, fogs, nose cone, back of mirrors, back of rear wheel, and rear bumper trunk ledge.

I was talking to a friend today and realized I have quite a few "mods / things purchased" I am putting on the car...
- T-Sportline matte black rims
- T-Sportline Carbon Fiber Spoiler
- Front/Sides/Rear Huper Optic Window Tint
- Chrome Delete
- Rear foot-well storage organizer
- Blow up mattress (for impromptu road trips, because why not?)
- Nano-fusion paint protection film
- Opti-coat on car
- Opti-coat on windows
- Opti-coat on interior
- Rear applique in matte black with white lettering
- Upgraded pedals
- Upgraded 17 lights (white and red)
- Rear USB
- Screen Protector
- Coming up with a qi charger that I can install in the center console where the current phone charger is

That's quite a list now that I wrote it all out. Yikes..

Thanks Erik

Last edited:
Reactions: vtvox
LOL, when doing a search of the forums to try and find out more info about the Denver/Front Range Tesla club this was one of the top results. So weird seeing this as David & Erik have been so helpful for me with picking out my car and the accessories I want, plus @MorrisonHiker is so helpful on this forum. I guess I just assumed they were born in a Tesla and Elon was their dad as I've only ever known them as all things Tesla experts.

So back to my original search, is the Denver/Front Range Tesla club still active? Seems like it's through Facebook mostly which I don't have anymore so just curious if it's still a thing and what it's like.

• Love
Reactions: MorrisonHiker