Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Referral Program (March 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So many changes today ... New referral program, increased prices on cars, huge increased pricing adding FSD for existing owners, S and X now only offer LR (100) battery. Hmm the "new" referral program isn't very worthwhile for any owners with unlimited supercharging ... like me. Entry into a drawing only. Its is now just more of a favor to someone else buying so they get 1000 miles of charging.

What I want to know is if the friend who finally ordered his Model 3 earlier this week will be able to add my referral code to it.

The "terms" list only valid is code used at time of order, and only valid on orders placed after March 21, 2019. Here is the exact language ...

"Related vehicle order must be placed after March 21, 2019. Referred vehicle orders must be delivered to qualify for awards. Model Y and used vehicle orders are not eligible. New or leased Model S, Model X and Model 3 orders are eligible. Referral code must be applied at the time of order and cannot be added after the order has been placed. Founders Series Model Y drawings happen on a monthly basis with the first drawing occurring on/around May 1, 2019. Founders Series Roadster drawings occur on a quarterly basis with the first drawing occurring on/around June 30, 2019. Credits awarded for qualifying referrals are valid for 12 months from the credit award date and can be used toward services, vehicle accessories or new Tesla products. Referral credits cannot be applied against solar lease or power purchase agreement payments. Free Supercharging miles will apply to any vehicles on the same account, and expire 3 years after the most recent miles are added."

But I think there is a typo in the terms, I think the "... and can be used toward services, vehicle accessories or new Tesla products" is supposed to state "cannot be used toward services ..."

Bringing it back is his prerogative BUT, HE NEEDS TO HONOR THE PREVIOUS REFERRALS THAT WERE IGNORED!!!

We have yet to get credit for a December Model 3 that our neighbor purchased! ... well before the referral "went away"..

Crazy money /marketing ideas are his choice, but how does this supposed genius sleep at night, knowing he has numerous unfulfilled promises out there!

I'm flabbergasted!

Anyone don't hesitate to use mine :)

Six Months of Free Supercharging and Extended Solar Warranty

BTW I'm stocked that my small town of ~25000 people is in 43th position in all Canada for CO2 reduction! :D
rjackJ1.png

The "terms" list only valid is code used at time of order, and only valid on orders placed after March 21, 2019. Here is the exact language ...

"Related vehicle order must be placed after March 21, 2019. Referred vehicle orders must be delivered to qualify for awards. Model Y and used vehicle orders are not eligible. New or leased Model S, Model X and Model 3 orders are eligible. Referral code must be applied at the time of order and cannot be added after the order has been placed. Founders Series Model Y drawings happen on a monthly basis with the first drawing occurring on/around May 1, 2019. Founders Series Roadster drawings occur on a quarterly basis with the first drawing occurring on/around June 30, 2019. Credits awarded for qualifying referrals are valid for 12 months from the credit award date and can be used toward services, vehicle accessories or new Tesla products. Referral credits cannot be applied against solar lease or power purchase agreement payments. Free Supercharging miles will apply to any vehicles on the same account, and expire 3 years after the most recent miles are added."

But I think there is a typo in the terms, I think the "... and can be used toward services, vehicle accessories or new Tesla products" is supposed to state "cannot be used toward services ..."

Dang mised by 6 days.
Ordered last friday evening but not pocking up till this Sunday.

Referrals are on again?
Well, Heavens to Betsy, as my Aunt Betsy never, ever would have said....

The only place you'll ever get to learn Lord Vetinari's code is - right here: Audubon3271

Feel free to use it at will. Or even at betsy.

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Prices went up, so it’s going to be “If you want to cancel your order you can reorder at the new price and get the referral....”. That would make sense only for the base Model 3.

So does the person using the code get 1000 miles too? Or just me. If only owners get the 1000 miles why would any buyers use. Previously there was insentive for buyers to get 6 months free charging, although after giving 100s of test drives in my model 3 only one person used my code (douglas143)

Seriously, Tesla, when will you make up your mind and stop walking back what’s been said?

Prizes are weak and capped compared to previous versions.

1000 miles of SC is like 60 bucks of value approximately.

4 Roadsters a year adds up to about a million.

For those complaining about free roadsters going to YouTubers - that was a guarantee under the old system.

While your chances are practically nil today - it’s better than actually nil like it was last year.