Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new software bug?

rickgt

Enthusiast owner/member
Supporting Member
Dec 13, 2014
Carmel
I have installed 2.13.77 and it solved the charging issue. BUT, it introduced a new bug... whenever I start the car, the audio (which used to start up from whatever it was on before parking) is silent. the screen shows beginning choices like source. If I use the right click wheel and reselect the old source (such as XM radio) it goes to now playing and picks up from where I was - channel and all. If I select the favorites, it will start playing, but the "now playing" screen will not engage until I use the scroll wheel again.

Anybody else finding this as a problem?

EVie'sDad

Mar 6, 2016
Newark, CA
I have installed 2.13.77 and it solved the charging issue. BUT, it introduced a new bug... whenever I start the car, the audio (which used to start up from whatever it was on before parking) is silent. the screen shows beginning choices like source. If I use the right click wheel and reselect the old source (such as XM radio) it goes to now playing and picks up from where I was - channel and all. If I select the favorites, it will start playing, but the "now playing" screen will not engage until I use the scroll wheel again.

Yes, I have been seeing this issue for the past two releases (7.0 & 7.1) the Now playing is always greyed out and not selectable until I either choose another station from the browse tab or use the right click wheel to select the source, and only then does the Now Playing become accessible again. I don't know if this issue has been bubbled up to Tesla dev team to look into, but it should be a simple fix.

kirkbauer

May 31, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I've had various audio issues for a while so they sort of blend together for me. Back in the 6.x and I think 7.0 days my MP3 audio books would play all night long. These days they randomly unpause or just completely stop and lose the audio source.

taurusking

Jul 12, 2014
East Texas
I've had various audio issues for a while so they sort of blend together for me. Back in the 6.x and I think 7.0 days my MP3 audio books would play all night long. These days they randomly unpause or just completely stop and lose the audio source.

Count me in...not only this but I am unable to pair any phone to my car's blue tooth

rickgt

Enthusiast owner/member
Supporting Member
Dec 13, 2014
Carmel
just noticed a new update started yesterday... hoping this solves the problem... please advise if you get it and the problem goes away.

Jack_L

Feb 4, 2013
Massachusetts
My vehicle's newest trick to that 80% of the time now when i get into the vehicle after it's ben parked, the XM station has changed to one that I don't even have selected as a preset or favorite. No idea why this has occurred and it's new since 1-2 updates ago. Perhaps my S doesn't appreciate my choice of stations???:frown:

RichardL

Oct 6, 2013
San Diego, California
yep, seen this as well (although not every time I get in).

I have also had a few cases in the last couple of weeks where some of my radio presets get 'forgotten' as well.

Never a dull moment!

jaydee49

Feb 23, 2015
SF Bay Area
My audio issue is that the XM station reverts back to the last one I changed it to on the touchscreen and not the station I was last on (which was selected via steering wheel). It's been like that for a couple months now. I am picking up my car this afternoon from service center and I got the notification for software update about an hour ago so hopefully this one fixes it.

Jul 7, 2015
Redondo Beach, CA

Absolutely. Whenever I start the car, the radio is silent and I have to click on Now Playing.

iffatall

Nov 15, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
Tesla has acknowledged this (Media Player losing playback position/context/state through car sleep) as a known issue, and promised a fix in one of the upcoming updates. No timelines, as expected. So don't hold your breath.

SherSlick

Jan 30, 2015
Denver, CO
Yes, I have been seeing this issue for the past two releases (7.0 & 7.1) the Now playing is always greyed out and not selectable until I either choose another station from the browse tab or use the right click wheel to select the source, and only then does the Now Playing become accessible again. I don't know if this issue has been bubbled up to Tesla dev team to look into, but it should be a simple fix.

I am in the exact same boat. I got an email back from ServiceSupportNA that it is a know bug.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC