Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Track Mode v2 and Track pack!?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My hope is that it's just pushed out like a regular update...AND available for stealth owners too. :p I don't need or want that hardware package (even if it was available to stealth models). But I do want to play around with a lot of the software features!

My expectation is that it will be pushed out like a regular update. My HOPE is that it will be free to Performance models, but $5000 for stealth models, thus bringing all the stupid trolling about "boat anchor wheels" to a halt. :p

Switching to RWD could theoretically increase the range of the car, right? Maybe even get the 310 that was originally advertised for the M3P+.

No, the car already turns off the front motor on the highway. It was explained in the VehicleVirgins video that the handling bias slider only comes into effect when the wheel is turned and the car still determines how best to accelerate when in a straight line.

Reactions: SmartElectric
This package is nice but it doesn't address the biggest issue with tracking a model 3 in my opinion. The car needs more adjustable alignment options such as tow and camber otherwise it destroys the shoulders of the tires on the front. Glad to see brake pads as an option that's towards the top of the list of what the car needs improved for the track. But I think the aftermarket has already started making better cheaper options for track improvements. I am excited about the software but not willing to pay for it.

Track mode v2 is already out to some owners with stealth p3d-

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200303-193302.png
    Screenshot_20200303-193302.png
    396.9 KB · Views: 115
Not to ruin it for everyone, but I would put money on this competing with the other drift cars that have 700HP...
“Drift cars”?? Who said this was competition to dedicated drift car, and why would i want that in the first place unless i have stock in a tore company. Besides i think we have long proven that a Title of “most hp” is practically meaningless.

“Drift cars”?? Who said this was competition to dedicated drift car, and why would i want that in the first place unless i have stock in a tore company. Besides i think we have long proven that a Title of “most hp” is practically meaningless.
Additionally a 700HP drift car is mostly useless. Those cars range from 900-1200HP. I was at Formula Drift Atlanta when the all electric drift camaro made it's debut and it was definitely underwhelming compared to the ICE counterparts. The camaro made like 520 HP.

This package is nice but it doesn't address the biggest issue with tracking a model 3 in my opinion. The car needs more adjustable alignment options such as tow and camber otherwise it destroys the shoulders of the tires on the front.
I had the following reactions to Track Pack:
1. I'm glad to see they continue to explore/invest in getting Track legit. Bodes well for Roadster.
2. What you said. I got the suspension changed (aftermarket) on my M3P primarily because the camber issue. I wish Tesla had addressed this in an OEM fashion.
3. 20s again. really?
4. Ooh, "slightly more legit" pads? Do they work without buying the Track Pack? How much? (Or did Tesla sneak in "Track Pack includes adjusting your calipers" or some crap.)

As for Track Mode v2, a single reaction:
Here's my internet. Gimme!

This is so amazing for Tesla to have this software added. What a great upgrade.

The amount of amazing upgrades we’ve seen over the last year and a half is staggering.

I once almost bought a Bolt to grab the tax credit, but my research thankfully stopped me when I dug into the Model 3 specs.

The anticipation of software upgrades to come over the next year is awesome !!

Nice work Tesla !!!!