Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update this am....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI to anyone else who runs into this, a main screen reboot (both left and right dials pushed in for 10 seconds) resolved my fob issues.
Glad to hear it, as someone who routinely uses summon-from-fob. I know a lot of people poo-poo summon, but some of us make
good use of it on a near-daily basis.

It'd be kinda nice if the release notes mentioned which settings were altered by each installation so that you don't forget to reset the ones
you want to keep as they were. I understand why they keep resetting summon-related options, I just want to them to minimize the
inconvenience of that for owners.

Reactions: Magus
Finally got 2.28.19 yesterday. I notice that regen seems a bit weaker as well. I'm using the brakes more than I would normally need to.
It has been well established that every single release weakens regen. The cars that have received lots of updates now have negative regen -- they speed up when you take your foot off the accelerator! ;)

Also it was kind of strange. On the highway on AP there were cars stopped at a light and the collision warning alarm went off before AP had a chance to slow down. I'm not sure exactly since I quickly hit the brakes.

Not a good situation if the collision warning system is activated before AP detects anything. Talk about mode confusion.

But But Consumers report demanded it! Its seems as if elon always yields when they demand something....
You are exaggerating. CU recommended a change to the way that the Summon command is initiated. Tesla responded and did it. That was a one time occurrence.

And to the OP: if you are reluctant to install the latest firmware update because you are afraid that you will lose AP, at this point I see nothing indicating that Tesla is going to take AP away. Nothing.

Reactions: Ciaopec and bmah
If I had a dollar for every time I heard [weaker re-gen after update] I'd own a second Model S. :)

There is a sharp right turn on the way to my house along a road with a 35 mph speed limit. I have been regularly driving this with TACC set on 35 and have found that if I turn off the TACC just as I pass the speed limit sign before the sharp turn, that the car will slow to the perfect speed for the sharp turn with no other intervention. Except the last time I did this, it was going too fast and I had to apply the brakes. I actually checked my regen setting after this because I thought it might have somehow changed and I'd been feeling like it was weaker during my drive. This was the day after an update, but I didn't think to blame the update at the time. If it's not the re-gen then perhaps they have tweaked the delay between TACC off and regen starting.

Since it is common for folks to think their re-gen is reduced, could it be that updates sometimes create a glitch that while the car displays the previous "standard" re-gen setting, it is actually using the low setting until you change the setting, or reboot or something like that? I'm going to reboot my center console just in case. If it is a common complaint maybe there is something to it.

There is a sharp right turn on the way to my house along a road with a 35 mph speed limit. I have been regularly driving this with TACC set on 35 and have found that if I turn off the TACC just as I pass the speed limit sign before the sharp turn, that the car will slow to the perfect speed for the sharp turn with no other intervention. Except the last time I did this, it was going too fast and I had to apply the brakes. I actually checked my regen setting after this because I thought it might have somehow changed and I'd been feeling like it was weaker during my drive. This was the day after an update, but I didn't think to blame the update at the time. If it's not the re-gen then perhaps they have tweaked the delay between TACC off and regen starting.

Since it is common for folks to think their re-gen is reduced, could it be that updates sometimes create a glitch that while the car displays the previous "standard" re-gen setting, it is actually using the low setting until you change the setting, or reboot or something like that? I'm going to reboot my center console just in case. If it is a common complaint maybe there is something to it.
I have no idea if they changed the regen settings or not. Obviously there are no real release notes to look at to confirm. All we have is the data from @Ingineer as to which modules were updated on a particular release. As you are aware and what I learned since joining TMC is that after almost every update (and there have been dozens and dozens since I've been around here) there are people who are convinced that regen has been reduced. Personally I have never felt changes to regen but the complaint continues.

I see to be stuck at 2.24.30 that was pushed to my Classic MS on 19-June-2016. Over a month and numerous updates have been pushed since then. I wonder why I have not received a new one. This update seems to be the beginning of my 3G connectivity issues. I wish I could figure out how to get something more recent with having over and hour drive to the SC.

I see to be stuck at 2.24.30 that was pushed to my Classic MS on 19-June-2016. Over a month and numerous updates have been pushed since then. I wonder why I have not received a new one. This update seems to be the beginning of my 3G connectivity issues. I wish I could figure out how to get something more recent with having over and hour drive to the SC.
My classic has the same 2.24.30 and I don't have any connectivity issues. Neither have any connectivity issues been reported with that build here. If rebooting doesn't help, perhaps you have a hardware problem.
Newer updates seem directed a AP cars. Not everyone gets every build.

• Informative
Reactions: markn455
Upgraded from - 7.1 (v2.20.30)
to 7.1 (v2.28.19)
As noted,, AP seems to be having some relearning issues and my 'Summon" from the garge isn't working.
Before update, it was working great,
Verifyed all my settings and they look the same, later I will try the android app.{P.S. raining here and the car doesn't do,,, RAIN!

Upgraded from - 7.1 (v2.20.30)
to 7.1 (v2.28.19)
As noted,, AP seems to be having some relearning issues and my 'Summon" from the garge isn't working.
Before update, it was working great,
Verifyed all my settings and they look the same, later I will try the android app.{P.S. raining here and the car doesn't do,,, RAIN!
Re Summon, be sure to check that "continuous press" is set to off.