Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York/New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully getting my MYLR next week! I don't know if it's worth going into depth on my journey but I just figured I'd share.

OD: March 15, 2022
EDD: September 2022
EDD: October 27 - December 8
EDD: November 2 - December 14
EDD: October 20 - November 24
VIN Assigned: October 17 2023 Austin Build (PA023XX)
EDD after VIN: October 27 - November 5
Picking up in Paramus!

I texted my SA and they said it should be arriving on the 30th! Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Happy Hippo
Hopefully getting my MYLR next week! I don't know if it's worth going into depth on my journey but I just figured I'd share.

Picking up in Paramus!

I texted my SA and they said it should be arriving on the 30th! Fingers crossed.
If you speak to Paramus SA's they can tell you exactly where the vehicle is in transit and when it will actually be there and it is pretty reliable though don't expect a red carpet when you get there. They will ask you to sign papers and direct you to where your vehicle is. Have fun.

MY LR ordered 11/12/21
Received Delivery Notice: 10/28/22
Scheduled Delivery: 11/1/22 - 11/3/22
  • Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
Took almost a year. Now to get insurance, and PPF (any recommendation for both) highly appreciated.

MY LR ordered 11/12/21
Received Delivery Notice: 10/28/22
Scheduled Delivery: 11/1/22 - 11/3/22
  • Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
Took almost a year. Now to get insurance, and PPF (any recommendation for both) highly appreciated.
PPF in Brooklyn. Ask for Tommy. They are true pros. Fast and reasonable. Get paint protection film in NYC | Paint Protection Films

Last edited:
Blue MY LR, no tow or FSD, 5 seater

OD: March 5, 2022
EDD: September 28 - November 23
EDD: November 2022 - Feb 2023
EDD: De 2022 - Mar 2023
EDD: October 17 - December 12
EDD: October 17 - November 28
EDD: October 11 - November 15
EDD: October 23 - November 20
EDD: October 31 - November 7
EDD: November 10 - November 22
EDD: November 16 - November 25
1st VIN Assigned: October 20 2022 Austin Build (PA026XXX)
2nd VIN Assigned: November 2 2022
EDD after VIN: November 16 - November 25
Picking up in Brooklyn, NY!

I know I went through a lot of EDD changes! :(

Blue MY LR, no tow or FSD, 5 seater

OD: March 5, 2022
EDD: September 28 - November 23
EDD: November 2022 - Feb 2023
EDD: De 2022 - Mar 2023
EDD: October 17 - December 12
EDD: October 17 - November 28
EDD: October 11 - November 15
EDD: October 23 - November 20
EDD: October 31 - November 7
EDD: November 10 - November 22
EDD: November 16 - November 25
1st VIN Assigned: October 20 2022 Austin Build (PA026XXX)
2nd VIN Assigned: November 2 2022
EDD after VIN: November 16 - November 25
Picking up in Brooklyn, NY!

I know I went through a lot of EDD changes! :(
White seats?

how do we delay the delivery??
When you have an actual delivery date and a VIN assigned to you, you ask your SA to see if they can hold the car for you. For me I said I was traveling out the country and won't be in town to accept delivery or do any of the paperwork (which was true!) and asked my SA to hold the car for me. They said that they'll release my assigned VIN and put my order on hold for a week and that I'll have to accept delivery of the next VIN that's assigned to me.

When you have an actual delivery date and a VIN assigned to you, you ask your SA to see if they can hold the car for you. For me I said I was traveling out the country and won't be in town to accept delivery or do any of the paperwork (which was true!) and asked my SA to hold the car for me. They said that they'll release my assigned VIN and put my order on hold for a week and that I'll have to accept delivery of the next VIN that's assigned to me.
thank you.. mine is an online order and don't have an SA... call them then?

Picking up in Paramus!

Could you share some details on USS/cargo etc.
I order Feb2022 and am going to pickup at Springfield this Friday.
Just got my VIN PA023 yesterday.

Btw how did you get insurance? Online quote cannot find my VIN.
Many thanks

Could you share some details on USS/cargo etc.
I order Feb2022 and am going to pickup at Springfield this Friday.
Just got my VIN PA023 yesterday.

Btw how did you get insurance? Online quote cannot find my VIN.
Many thanks
Sure! Mine included USS and cargo cover. Didn’t have mudflaps or updated cameras. No issues with panel gaps of any sort. It was cosmetically very very good.

I did have an issue about a day after of ownership, where something like a loose screw continuously moving forward and back after accelerating and decelerating. It’s like a metal clunk. It seems to be an axel issue after some research I did. It also looks like it’s a common Tesla issue. Should be an easy fix but it feels bad that I have to bring it to service after picking it up not even a week ago.

I’ll be sure to update after my service appointment this upcoming week.

As far as insurance, I have Progressive and they could not find my VIN at first. I gave them a call they had me wait a few days for the system to update. When I called again after waiting, they were able find the VIN and add it on. It seems some insurance companies don’t have their system updated as Tesla just recently released 2023 models. I’d just ask them again to see what steps to take.

Sure! Mine included USS and cargo cover. Didn’t have mudflaps or updated cameras. No issues with panel gaps of any sort. It was cosmetically very very good.

I did have an issue about a day after of ownership, where something like a loose screw continuously moving forward and back after accelerating and decelerating. It’s like a metal clunk. It seems to be an axel issue after some research I did. It also looks like it’s a common Tesla issue. Should be an easy fix but it feels bad that I have to bring it to service after picking it up not even a week ago.

I’ll be sure to update after my service appointment this upcoming week.

As far as insurance, I have Progressive and they could not find my VIN at first. I gave them a call they had me wait a few days for the system to update. When I called again after waiting, they were able find the VIN and add it on. It seems some insurance companies don’t have their system updated as Tesla just recently released 2023 models. I’d just ask them again to see what steps to take.
Thanks for sharing! It's a surprise to me that 2023 MYLR has USS. Did you get the 'no USS waiver' when trying to schedule for delivery in Tesla account?