Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ZeroToSixty.png

Can bus data:

Yellow: pedal
Blue: g's
Purple: distance
Black: mph

0-60 in 2.58 secs with 1 foot roll out.
45 t0 65 in 1.24 secs.
P90DL, 100% SOC, max battery ready, 19" wheels.

The spike in the black curve at the beginning is the rear wheels spinning. The speed curve then flattens out and takes a while to get back to full acceleration. This may be why the 21" wheels get better times. They are heavier and don't break loose at the beginning, so you don't get that drop off in acceleration.

Hmm. I have 21" staggered wheels on my p85+ ...

Last edited:
View attachment 193339
Can bus data:

45 t0 65 in 1.24 secs.

The spike in the black curve at the beginning is the rear wheels spinning. The speed curve then flattens out and takes a while to get back to full acceleration. This may be why the 21" wheels get better times. They are heavier and don't break loose at the beginning, so you don't get that drop off in acceleration.

With the exception of the TRC car, I thought it was the cars with the 19in wheels that got th better times.

Tried using TM-spy, but it drops data. I only averaged about 70 readings a second instead of the 100 per second that are reported. Wrote my own program to communicate with the elm327 via wifi, log and plot data.

Is there a wired can bus obd reader that works? Could be the same ELM 327, but with a usb to serial adapter. You might have better luck with a corded serial interface and a laptop, rather than wifi.

Is there any evidence that suspension rates are set the same in the US as other territories?

Typically we have seen US cars over here either very soft, or being fitted with UK/EU spec firmer suspension.

The reason I ask is that I find my 85D/21's air suspension pretty firm tbh, in fact every bit as firm as the P85+ I test drove, other previous reference points AMG and RS5. It does have a bit of the typical "air float" but it really is minor compared to other air suspension cars I have driven.

Is it possible that Tesla set the cars up differently for different markets?

If so it could well be possible to fairly easily fit alternate parts even staying Tesla oem, but somebody will have to get part numbers for comparison.

is the black from wheel speed or GPS?

any amount of spin kills the 0-60 time by around 2/10ths, so without spin that might put in you the 2.4 range, not sure I trust these results/calcs, would be nice to see a VBOX or similar external measurement...

View attachment 193339
Can bus data:

45 t0 65 in 1.24 secs.

Status
Not open for further replies.