Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, Comcast still exists regardless of what people think about them. Reputation is a thing but I don't think it's a make or break attribute of a company in most scenarios.

I'm think on how something like this would play out at a drag strip, arguably the place where a claim of 10.9 means the most. I just don't see some random passerby person making a purchase decision based on me being upset about my car not getting a 10.9. Honestly, I would look like some rich asshole who can't drive his car. Conversely, lets say I gave someone a test drive and then told them that I thought it would be faster because "Tesla said so." They would look at me like I had grown a second head.

At the end of the day, the only way this gets fixed is through competition. Tesla business practices are less than stellar across the board. They repeatedly miss product launch and delivery targets. On a large and small scale what they promise to deliver is largely different from the reality. They miss revenue estimates consistently. They have had a single year of positive cash flow in the last 10. Tesla survives because no other company makes a product that comes close to what Tesla has. Until that changes there is no business incentive to be accountable to anybody. The people here who are unhappy have no recourse but to complain to people here who may or may not care.
Comcast has a monopoly in my area. There is literally no other internet provider that will plug in my house. I've called everyone that's ever advertised (that I'm aware of). Similarly, Tesla has a monopoly on "EV that I actually want". So ... good example.

Lola,
I am thinking about upgrading my p85dl pre April suspension to a p100dl.
I really like my current suspension. Are the newer cars that much softer? This is my main concern and don't want to be disappointed with the handling.
Only for the street.
Thanks
I was considering the same thing for sometime next year. While the experts (hopefully) are in the room on the suspension topic... My P85D(+L) is a December 2014. The option codes I'm seeing from the REST API suggest that I don't have the + suspension. Did the code come after December but before April, or is my car a unicorn of sorts ("earlier than april but soft"), or am I misunderstanding? Thanks.

Says the buyer of a P90DL.

I disagree...as a buyer of a P85D, who also paid for the L later.

YM will V.
Let's discuss.
Based on range and performance I paid $3000 plus $10000 for the 90kw and ludicrous.
You paid $7500 ish for ludicrous.
If tesla doesn't provide the 6% range increase (they are working on it now) we have very much the same car.
V2 is another story. And could be considered to be the new best deal.

brian,
I based my comments on my butt and not option codes. My PDL has firm suspension of the type and nature of my old P+. The newer cars all have the same suspension (S90D same as P90DL). I've not look at the codes to see if there is a difference (not even sure I would know what to look for).

I would guess that your Dec build has the same dampers as my Jan build and it seems these stiffer dampers were used through something like March-April. I'm not sure of the cross over point. Can someone chime in here?

I also have a pre April P85D suspension which I prefer over the later "softer" post April 2015 suspension... Especially after coming from a 2006 Corvette Z06.

Is there a current upgrade path from a P85D to a P100DL ? I thought Tesla was currently only offering the P100DL upgrade to P85DL users...

I don't think Tesla is offering the 100 kWh pack to any P85D or P85DL owners yet.

brian,
I based my comments on my butt and not option codes. My PDL has firm suspension of the type and nature of my old P+. The newer cars all have the same suspension (S90D same as P90DL). I've not look at the codes to see if there is a difference (not even sure I would know what to look for).

I would guess that your Dec build has the same dampers as my Jan build and it seems these stiffer dampers were used through something like March-April. I'm not sure of the cross over point. Can someone chime in here?

Only only wish my P85D suspension was a soft as the two P85+ loaners I've had. Those were perfect for street driving. My P85D suspension is far stiffer than those.

I had a P85 loaner a few weeks ago and I'll tell you the suspension was really soft and floaty. Way WAY too soft. For me, the P85+ is the goldilocks zone for me between the P85 and Pre April P85D.

I second that. After a few weeks of conversation, the final result was "not possible at this time".
Thats a shame to hear, one of the reasons I purchased a Tesla was the promise that we would be able to upgrade our battery packs in the future as larger packs become available if Tesla doesn't hold to that it might be a better option to lease vs buy. Then you would get the new tech goodies + the larger battery pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.