Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my P90DL with pano on the scales...

Attachments

• IMG_8097.JPG
    IMG_8097.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 73
yea, the driveway isn't level... I'll compare the pano/non pano side by side on a level surface when it comes in... 30 pounds for the wheels...

I am surprised that the left front is considerably heavier than the right front. Your light weight wheels probably account for 40 pounds less weight. Of course we are all weighting for you to measure the difference between similarly equipped cars with and without pano.

as you will see, it will never happen....

No stripped P90D V1 with Ludicrous has ever reported an attempt.

And that's a fact too.

Tesla lying about 10.9 for well over 12 months straight, continuing to lie about it and running the legal risk of getting caught in such a lie?

And the severe legal ramifications associated with that?

Anyone in here is free to believe that, and of course there are those, and will always be those, who believe in conspiracy theories, the tripartite commission, Roswell, Area 51, alien abductions, etc.

However I don't. And I'm simply saying to those who do, well feel free to do so, but don't get upset when I don't believe in conspiracy theories.

Reactions: NSX1992
as you will see, it will never happen....

Unless Elon Musk was lying and/or willfully deceiving people when he said 10.9 back in July of 2015, and Motor Trend assisted him in covering that lie, it already has.

What say you?

Was he lying?

And if your position is he spoke too soon and later realized that he had misspoken, well then why continue stating 10.9 all the way up until a few days ago?

The position you're taking is one which compells one to conclude that willful deceit was engaged in at some point.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
my P90DL with pano on the scales...

Interesting,

You and the 10.8 TRC car are within 100lbs of each other, yes? That would seem to indicate that the pano roof just doesn't provide enough of a weight difference to matter. Something many have speculated in this thread. thank you for taking the time and resources to post this information.

Based on this it seems extremely unlikely that we will see a 450kW car break into the 10's in stock form.

Interesting,

You and the 10.8 TRC car are within 100lbs of each other, yes? That would seem to indicate that the pano roof just doesn't provide enough of a weight difference to matter. Something many have speculated in this thread. thank you for taking the time and resources to post this information.

Based on this it seems extremely unlikely that we will see a 450kW car break into the 10's in stock form.
I think that's a logical conclusion which unfortunately leads back to the question of how did MT do it. I don't think we will ever know.

Interesting,

TRC was 4890, so adding the 30 lbs for fiksegts lighter wheels his car would be 4897 lbs. I'm not sure if it's 30 lbs lighter than 19" or 21" wheels. Doesn't seem likely there's only a 7 lb difference between pano/non-pano. That's why I asked about the accuracy of the scales.

It takes a tremendous amount of testing before you can release a high value item with inherent design challenges like a LiPo battery. This is especially true of the item when it has an eight year warranty.

It would not surprise me at all if MT got a car with a development battery that just happened to have double bond wires, inconel spring in the contactor, active fuse and the chassis wired for larger current loads. That development platform surely existed back then given Tesla is shipping it today.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure it out when MT puts up a number that no one else can touch. Applying all the ICE theory about 1/4 mile times to a BeV to hand wave a ten second run into a car that simply can not do it is not going to make it so.

It's called a ringer folks which simply proves that Tesla knows exactly what they are doing. This was not done by accident.

It takes a tremendous amount of testing before you can release a high value item with inherent design challenges like a LiPo battery. This is especially true of the item when it has an eight year warranty.

It would not surprise me at all if MT got a car with a development battery that just happened to have double bond wires, inconel spring in the contactor, active fuse and the chassis wired for larger current loads. That development platform surely existed back then given Tesla is shipping it today.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure it out when MT puts up a number that no one else can touch. Applying all the ICE theory about 1/4 mile times to a BeV to hand wave a ten second run into a car that simply can not do it is not going to make it so.

It's called a ringer folks which simply proves that Tesla knows exactly what they are doing. This was not done by accident.
They may well have thought they could get all the changes added before they released the p90d but production times slipped and they shipped anyway.

A 500kW(V2) car with a few hundred lbs missing would be enough to touch 10.9x. This is certainly plausible.

Possible

But that scenario calls for a continuing coverup.

Why continue to state 10.9 all the way up until a few days ago if the above scenario is what happened?
They may have thought it wouldn't take much time to get the production line up to speed. You know, the perpetual two more weeks. Things did seem to get added incrementally. They did finally get everything added. It just took a lot longer than they thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.