Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
41% SOC, Max battery ON, 424kw

Even your one point allows a glimpse to a future curve. Need more points, especially without Max Battery Pwr ON. The Max Battery OFF points should be taken after the car has been driven for a while. These maximum points will be the curve most people will find useful since most of us rarely run the car all the time with Max Battery Pwr ON. Not sure that it is even good for the battery to have it on constantly.

TeslaPwr23.jpg

Even your one point allows a glimpse to a future curve. Need more points, especially without Max Battery Pwr ON. The Max Battery OFF points should be taken after the car has been driven for a while. These maximum points will be the curve most people will find useful since most of us rarely run the car all the time with Max Battery Pwr ON. Not sure that it is even good for the battery to have it on constantly.

TeslaPwr23.jpg

I was thinking the same thing this morning.

While 41% SOC Max battery and 424KW is "impressive", not many are going to ride around on max battery while at 41% or even less, unless they're just cruising around and looking for a race, or have been cruising around for several hours and looking for a race.

Or unless one has decided to go to the track "as is" and simply not bother to charge up beforehand.

Not to mention that cruising around in such a state is questionable as to the overall long term health of the battery pack.

So yes, it would be good to have more points with max battery off.

Last edited:
This is true. If it's any help, I've seen my highest power between about 50-60 mph.
Ok, did my first run with Powertools and followed your instructions on my regular non-P 90D. Got 336 kW or about 450 HP (I think) with 45% SOC. It was fun but I have kW envy from you big boys. This was with the original 90D battery 1063792-00-A.

Last edited:
Reactions: benjiejr
I made a new datalog. This was after about a 30mi cruise on the freeway so whatever the standard operating temp is.

Max Power: 447kW
SoC: 66%
Ludicrous: ON
Max Battery: OFF
A/C: ON
Battery: 1071394-00-A
Firmware: 2.22.50

Attachments

• L_65_NoMax_AC.JPG
    L_65_NoMax_AC.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: ggnykk
Josh that battery has logged 511kw previously (the highest)
Alex
511 was highest? I guess I get to savor a brief moment of record holding then? I just recorded 512. I'm on my phone so I'll update spreadsheet when i get home with all the details. But here's a few screenshots. .
image.png
image.png
image.png

I supercharged to 100% and did Max Battery Ready. Floored it on open stretch. Did 10-12 runs drawing down to 85% battery or so. Had several readings over 500. Couldn't beat 512 again. I do have a ton of logs if anyone wants to review.

You are right. I went back and re-read our conversation and I realized I did not get your point correctly. That's on me.

That said, I really don't believe we can reproduce the conditions that MotorTrend uses. They admit that they use a proprietary setup at their own location. I believe the problem here is that we will never be able to reproduce those conditions and as such, we cannot ever verify their claims. But, like you said, it's worse with ICE cars because they have to worry about all the atmospheric problems we get to generally ignore. In fact, I am hoping it's really hot on Friday so that the track will be stickier for my runs.

So the question remains. How and where do we go to run tesla advertised 10.9 on original p90dl?

Considering the numerous passes by experienced drag racers in conditions that don't matter so much and a car that launches consistently without gear shifts ... It ain't happening at current (450) power levels. There has to be a software power upgrade coming.

Tesla would not let us down.

So the question remains. How and where do we go to run tesla advertised 10.9 on original p90dl?

Considering the numerous passes by experienced drag racers in conditions that don't matter so much and a car that launches consistently without gear shifts ... It ain't happening at current (450) power levels. There has to be a software power upgrade coming.

If you can manage 515KW, that's 691 hp at the battery........just sayin.....

Reactions: LargeHamCollider
my S is: 1063792-00-A
my X is: 1071941-00-A

My Model X 90D (Delivered 6/22/16, VIN 006624) has the newest battery part number I have seen...
1088790-00-A

Of note, full charge, ideal range shows 311 miles in the Model X which is impressive. I'm not getting too excited since it is the first full charge on the day of delivery.

Just another data point for everyone. Now my P85D is getting it's ludicrous upgrade tomorrow. Wonder if I can pay the guy an extra $50 and get him to switch my Model X 90 (latest greatest) battery into my P85D without my wife finding out!

• Funny
Reactions: benjiejr

The Motor Trend car is listed at a curb weight of 4,689 lbs

2015 Tesla Model S P90D w/Ludicrous Upgrade First Test

The Car and Driver car at 4,842 lbs. .

2015 Tesla Model S P90D - Instrumented Test

Until someone has a shot at making multiple quarter mile passes in a P90DL weighing in at 4,689 lbs at initial power levels, no one can say one way or the other whether 10.9 can happen at 456KW.

Last edited:
Reactions: bhzmark
My Model X 90D (Delivered 6/22/16, VIN 006624) has the newest battery part number I have seen...
1088790-00-A
Not quite. My new one is 1088792-00-A.
But let's assume the difference is probably minor.
Of note, full charge, ideal range shows 311 miles in the Model X which is impressive.
I'm guessing that's on the "ideal" setting. Try changing to "rated" and report back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.