Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
actually the burden of proof goes the other way, as his car has a clear and documented hardware advantage with the newer battery.

he just said the only logs he has show 500kw.....

Prove it was making more power than any other V1 P90D at the time that he ran that, and you might have something.

Indeed, comparing his 11.1516 with the best V1 times which follow that, as well as comparing it to a P85DL which was just .07 seconds off his, gives no indication whatsoever that he was making any more power at the time that he ran that, than any other P90DL at the time.

His trap speed certainly does not indicate that he was making any more power than any other P90DL at the time.

actually the burden of proof goes the other way, as his car has a clear and documented hardware advantage with the newer battery.

It might now.

But your contention seems to be that it had a power advantage then.

So the burden of proof is on you to prove that it did then.

If you can't meet that burden, well then you can't meet it.

Last edited:
"I will say that the only logs I have show a max of just under 500kW"

This is true.

But he said that after the talk and buzz of software updates having increased power in some cars in here, and long after he had already run 11.1516.

The bottom line is, you have no proof that he brought any more power to the track with him the day he ran 11.1516 than would have any other P90DL owner.

It's not indicated in his ET, because it's just .06x seconds quicker than a known V1 P90DL, and just .07 seconds quicker than even a P85DL, and it's not shown by his trap speed either, he did that at 116.71 mph.

No indication whatsoever that he was packing more power than any other P90DL of the time.

And if it cannot be proven that he was sporting any more power that day than was, or would have been, any other P90DL owner at that time, well then there is no reason to state that he was.

Last edited:
he has improved hardware, and therefore is NOT a V1 or comparable to a V1 car....

the times in my car ranged 11.24 - 11.39 all the time... same hardware, same firmware.... there will be variations between runs... lots of factors...

This is true.

But he said that after the talk and buzz of software updates having increased power in some cars in here, and long after he had already run 11.1516.

The bottom line is, you have no proof that he brought any more power to the track with him the day he ran 11.1516 than would have any other P90DL owner.

It's not indicated in his ET, because it's just .06x seconds quicker than a known V1 P90DL, and just .07 seconds quicker than even a P85DL, and it's not shown by his trap speed either, he did that at 116.71 mph.

No indication whatsoever that he was packing more power than any other P90DL of the time.

And if it cannot be proven that he as sporting any more power that day than was, or would have been, any other P90DL owner at that time, well then there is no reason to state that he did.

he has improved hardware, and therefore is NOT a V1 or comparable to a V1 car....

the times in my car ranged 11.24 - 11.39 all the time... same hardware, same firmware.... there will be variations between runs... lots of factors...

Your part in bold, is precisely why I say that you have no proof that he had any more power than did anyone else at the time.

0.06 seconds of variability/advantage over the next best quarter mile time, is hardly an indication that he did.

This is true.

It's not indicated in his ET, because it's just .06x seconds quicker than a known V1 P90DL, and just .07 seconds quicker than even a P85DL, and it's not shown by his trap speed either.

And if it cannot be proven that he as sporting any more power that day than was, or would have been, any other P90DL owner at that time, well then there is no reason to state that he did.
Its so clear to me this is due to the newer battery. Around the same time as St Charles gets his car other pre-refresh regular 90D's start reporting 10-12 more miles of range. It's great that Tesla figured out a way to improve the hardware and I'm happy for St Charles that he benefitted from it but to say it's just software doesn't make sense.

@fiksegts @P85DEE

Calm down guys. I'm saying there is no proof either way.

Exactly.

And since there is no proof either way, we need to stop with the "code speak" in here with Tesla "lying" about 10.9 when they came out with that spec.

Calling someone a liar, using "code speak" and indicating that someone has lied, is not something which should be done unless it can be shown without a doubt.

Its so clear to me this is due to the newer battery. Around the same time as St Charles gets his car other pre-refresh regular 90D's start reporting 10-12 more miles of range. It's great that Tesla figured out a way to improve the hardware and I'm happy for St Charles that he benefitted from it but to say it's just software doesn't make sense.

Huh. I did not know that. @fiksegts, if you charge to 100% how much range do you have? I have, and have always had, ~270mi.

You need to read a little closer.

He just indicated himself that it can't be proven one way or the other.

You need to read a little closer.

He just indicated himself that it can't be proven one way or the other.

I should clarify that I do not have any proof. I'm guessing that somewhere buried in a Tesla log archive is this 'proof' we are looking for.

Fiksegts is right that these two timeslips are well within the margin of error and do not really prove I had V1 power levels in May. In fact, I went through my recent slips and have several examples of 11.1x slips @ 116mph. The real problem with this case is that Drag Racing is a poor sole example of vehicle capability. It's entirely possible that my car has an 10.8x in it under the "right conditions", whatever those are. This is part of why I would like to meet up with TRC at some point to compare notes. He clearly knows whats up with these cars and drag racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.