Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all of four data points, it appears to correlate strongly with battery version rather than SW revision. Interesting.

If you need to change the info you submitted, just let me know or use the "edit" link you received when you first submitted the form.

What we really need is a before and after log from someone. I plan to get to a track as soon as I can and obtain a timeslip now that I have a confirmation on my battery output.

Reactions: ggnykk
Essentially, yes. I find it very unlikely that this increase had been around for a long time without anyone noticing. It just seems more likely that this extra hardware capability was unlocked with a recent software change.

I'm still on 2.20.30, do you think that's "before" or is it already "after"? Or not sure yet? I plan to do some testing this weekend and will post to the spreadsheet created by @GridSpace

Essentially, yes. I find it very unlikely that this increase had been around for a long time without anyone noticing. It just seems more likely that this extra hardware capability was unlocked with a recent software change.
In the regular 90D world we've been noticing higher capacity since January and much higher capacity (more Rated Mikes) since March.

Car Info
Model
: P90D(L)
Battery: 1071941 - 00 - C
VIN #: XXXXX1397XX
VIN Date: 04/19/2016
Ordered: 04/12/2016 (day refresh was released/announced)
Prod Start: 05/24/2016
Prod End: 05/27/2016
Options: Auto-pilot, premium upgrades pkg, SAS, subzero, ultra high fidelity sound, Hi-amp charger, 19" slipstream (no upgrade), interior (moot but including) = black headliner, carbon fiber, black next gen seats

Conditions
Software
: v7.1 (2.24.30)
Mileage: 890 (ish)
SOC: 100%
Max Battery: Ready! (turned on before heading to super charger and was ready by the time I got there, then supercharged for over half an hour from low charge WITH max battery on during entire charge)
A/C: Off
Power: 508kW (681hp)

Sadly three things hindered the run :(
1) For some reason launch mode wouldn't work so from a heel hold
2) As you can see in the log I actually let up right before 60, back road right by super charger wasn't too long
3) Tires were not warm and I have one older 19" loaner tire from Tesla... (I got a nail sideways and the new 19" tire wasn't readily available)

I got 3.0 seconds flat, but I'm fairly confident with launch mode and not letting up 2.7 could have been achieved but I was in a rush and only did one run as I had to leave for an appointment.

As they say, pictures are worth a thousand words so I have attached photos as well. I will submit my data to spreadsheet after this.

Battery.jpeg
car.jpeg
excel.png
graph.png
log.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ggnykk and benjiejr
I'm still on 2.20.30, do you think that's "before" or is it already "after"? Or not sure yet? I plan to do some testing this weekend and will post to the spreadsheet created by @GridSpace

I have no idea but I can say that with 2.22.50 I had more power available. I do not believe I had this power increase in May when I was at the drag strip. I'm thinking i'll have a chance to go to Mason-Dixon on Sunday and make a few passes to see if I can get a better time than an 11.1

P90D Face lift. VIN 1388## built early May 2016. Battery part number 1056776-00-E, the 'Ludicrous' upgrade was added by the service centre before delivery (not at the factory) hence the battery part number being from a non ludicrous car, not sure there are any differences in the batteries between ludicrous and non ludicrous cars as I was under the impression the difference is software only on later cars.

Rated miles at 100% SOC is 260 Miles (Seems really low compared on what other people are reporting?)
Software version V7.1 (2.24.78)

Max power 466KW at 98% Soc with max battery 'ready'. AC off.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 2016-06-23 16.53.33.jpg
    2016-06-23 16.53.33.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 2016-06-24 20.32.40.jpg
    2016-06-24 20.32.40.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: AnonNJ
Status