Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This goes back to the old Roadster days. If you were "bricked" you were beyond the point of bringing it back with a jump or charge. The so-called "anti brick" reserve is meant to keep our cars from getting to that point. None of this, including how much or if it's included in the advertised kW capacity, is documented anywhere that I'm aware of.

Yeah, there is a reserve they don't let you dip into; that's when they ultimately shut you down, but you can drive for miles past zero before that happens, usually. The car goes into super sleep mode when you get near the point of no return for the pack. If the car sits in your garage unplugged for a long time, then you probably can't just jump the 12 volt system.

It varies with temperature, but my pack holds back about 5 or 6 kwh in reserve.

Last edited:
Yeah, there is a reserve they don't let you dip into, that's when they ultimately shut you down, but you can drive for miles past zero before that happens, usually. The car goes into super sleep mode when you get near the point of no return for the pack. If the car sits in your garage unplugged for a long time, then you probably can't just jump the 12 volt system.

It varies with temperature, but my pack holds back about 5 or 6 kwh in reserve.
I went past zero one time but I was just a couple of miles from home. How do you know how much is held back?

we do understand and have documented and tested in the real world, not on calculators and keyboards... :)

What are the precise data points that you think prove your point?
it's not a 300 pound difference....
What is your data point for this assertion? From the MT reported weight, the difference is about 300 lbs for the car that they used to achieve 10.9

Last edited:
What v1 car without pano or sas or premium pkg or dual charger etc tried and failed to get 10.9?

The only known results of such a car are the MT car and it got a 10.9.

Please don't fix my posts. I am a registered civil engineer and certainly understand physics. Your problem is the 300 pounds you continually use for comparing which is not realistic. The recent 10.8 car without pano weighed 48xx and most pano equipped are 49xx. Driver weights do make a difference but I assume most are average except for St Charles. Again all versions except P90DL v1 have easily met or exceeded 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile claims.

It was nice to meet with 15 happy Tesla owners today and have lunch together.

Last edited:
What v1 car without pano or sas or premium pkg or dual charger etc tried and failed to get 10.9?

The only known results of such a car are the MT car and it got a 10.9.

It's a moot point. The other cars with the extra 130 lbs of weight of sound system, dual chargers, and Pano roof as so far away from hitting 10.99 that dropping 130 lbs won't really make a difference.

Reactions: NSX1992 and msnow
Question...not a very technical guy, but if P90DL were purchase around December last year (The one without the facelift, as bluntly as I can put it), Would it consider being an older P90DL? The new one, produced after the facelift is deemed to be the P90DLs. I just a bit confuse, since there was never really any official Tesla statement or how it was determined.

I read an article somewhere regarding the recent Model S P90D with Ludicrous mode are reportedly achieving way higher output than the previous one, I assume the one before the facelift. I was wondering if that's true. (Tesla is secretly adding over 50 hp to the Model S P90D Ludicrous based on 3rd party testing, what does it mean?)

Question...not a very technical guy, but if P90DL were purchase around December last year (The one without the facelift, as bluntly as I can put it), Would it consider being an older P90DL? The new one, produced after the facelift is deemed to be the P90DLs. I just a bit confuse, since there was never really any official Tesla statement or how it was determined.

I read an article somewhere regarding the recent Model S P90D with Ludicrous mode are reportedly achieving way higher output than the previous one, I assume the one before the facelift. I was wondering if that's true. (Tesla is secretly adding over 50 hp to the Model S P90D Ludicrous based on 3rd party testing, what does it mean?)
Would have to see the battery part number of the car you are talking about but I believe there are at least three versions of the P90DL. V1 (build started summer 2015) V2 (started earlier this year) and V3 (newest and ran a 10.8).

Any easy way I can tell the battery number..
Turn your wheel far left and under the right front wheel well there's a sticker on the battery that will look similar to this. You will have to get on the ground to see it and take a picture.
image.jpeg

Question ..exactly how much faster is the new P90DLs compare to the model made last December (the same model, P90DL, with battery
1063792-00-A).

a post @Charles released Tesla Model S P85/90D(L) Comparisons (Responses)

I saw this thread post, the max battery on for 1063792-00-A is at 453, compare to the newer version of the battery was at 500+. Just wondering how much of difference is this in real driving.

Kinda wanna test out the difference with the updated version.

VBOX Data, my car with me (185 pounds), P90D V1:

+140 pounds: best of two passes:
  • 1/4 Mile: 11.452 Secs @ 116.231 MPH
  • 1/8 Mile: 7.255 Secs @ 94.795 MPH
+0 pounds: best of two passes:
  • 1/4 Mile: 11.400 Secs @ 116.593 MPH
  • 1/8 Mile: 7.223 Secs @ 95.312 MPH
1 hour between runs while charing to 100%

let the calculations begin!

What are the precise data points that you think prove your point?

What is your data point for this assertion? From the MT reported weight, the difference is about 300 lbs for the car that they used to achieve 10.9

Might be better to use the average of the two passes. Will you post the data for the other runs?

Yup, that's about what you'd expect.

For those that think a V1 car can do it 130 lbs lighter, remember:

P85D Insane to P90DLV1 = 42 KW = 56 hp difference

P90DLV1to P90DLV2 jump = 56 KW = 75 hp difference.

Yeah, I agree it looks doubtful, but I'd like to see how weight affects tesla's ets. You really can't do it with just two points. We need to know how much noise is on the data. In addition to the data from the other runs here, do you have any more runs of just you in the car? The more the better so we can get a handle on how much the times change from run to run. You may be more consistent, but trc's runs varied by a 0.1 secs with no change in weight.

Do you know the weight of your car?

And just out of curiosity, what pressure did have in your tires? Did you lower the pressure in hopes of better traction?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: bhzmark
Status
Not open for further replies.