Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NHTSA crash tests results/videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love this
"
The above results do not tell the full story. It is possible to game the regulatory testing score to some degree by strengthening a car at the exact locations used by the regulatory testing machines. After verifying through internal testing that the Model S would achieve a NHTSA 5-star rating, Tesla then analyzed the Model S to determine the weakest points in the car and retested at those locations until the car achieved 5 stars no matter how the test equipment was configured."
That's exactly what I was thinking as I was reading it. How it's probably easy for naysayers to say that Tesla gamed the tests. So I love this point. Awesome release.

Love this
"
The above results do not tell the full story. It is possible to game the regulatory testing score to some degree by strengthening a car at the exact locations used by the regulatory testing machines. After verifying through internal testing that the Model S would achieve a NHTSA 5-star rating, Tesla then analyzed the Model S to determine the weakest points in the car and retested at those locations until the car achieved 5 stars no matter how the test equipment was configured."
That's exactly what I was thinking as I was reading it. How it's probably easy for naysayers to say that Tesla gamed the tests. So I love this point. Awesome release.

Yes, It will be interesting how the naysayers, bears and people shorting the stock will 'spin' this one to their advantage...........

Can anyone see this graphic referenced?

The graphic below shows the statistical Relative Risk Score (RSS) of Model S compared with all other vehicles tested against the exceptionally difficult NHTSA 2011 standards. In 2011, the standards were revised upward to make it more difficult to achieve a high safety

model-s-five-star-safety-rating.jpg

As shown on the Tesla Motors press release page.

Sort of speechless. I mean, Elon told us this was going to happen, right? I realize a healthy dose of skepticism is a good thing, but it's a waste of time with him, he's always right. Every time. I am officially a Teslemming. Where's the nearest cliff?