Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No auto lane change on 520 bridge with V9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Overall I’m having a great experience with v9 of the software (2018.39.6 to be exact). It was super solid in autopilot down to the airport last week, many great auto lane changes in not-simple traffic conditions.

But I took the 520 bridge yesterday afternoon in light traffic and couldn’t get a successful lane change in autopilot. I’d activate the turn signal, the lane line would be hatched blue, but it wouldn’t move over. Twice after waiting it started to and then bailed out. This happened in both directions.

I’m curious if anyone else has seen this.

Somewhat related, am I the only one in the region that hasn't gotten v9 update? not sure why I haven't yet.
You may wish to read some of the reviews ;). For AP1 car it has more hassles than benefits imo. The loss of flexibility in two apps, of your choice, being on main screen you have today far outweighs the persistent believed need for navigation, and incessantly persistent music app. Compound that with a seemingly slower browser of the same functionality, eg try to read TMC (while parked).
The map scrolls more smoothly though. Hoping the rest of the feedback given is being comprehended as it has seriously nerfed S and X, again imo.

For ap2.5 car, the autopilot is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was.

• Helpful
Reactions: Mark Z
I'm on 2018.39.6 8377b4d with my AP2.5 S75D and ALC worked fine for me on 520 when I tried it out today(*). Was able to go from middle to right-most lane and then back again, in both directions.

(*) My first attempt when Eastbound did fail as it went halfway and then bailed out with no other car in the vicinity. All subsequent attempts were fine though.