Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No further firmware updates at SC’s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Padelford

Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2017
Seattle
I’ve been wanting to get a firmware update to 2017.40.1 to fix various things, but nothing seems to be getting pushed OTA to me.

I called a local SC today to see if they could provide a firmware update, and I was told that a new policy change no longer permits SC’s to provide these updates.

They could not tell me when I will get any firmware updates, so I’m stuck at 2017.36 (which I received at an SC more than s month ago).

I wonder if that’s just their rule to save time/speed things up at that location? I had firmware updated when I had my car processed last week (at my request), but this could be something new.

You might call HQ Customer Support and ask about having them push 17.42 (or 17.4.21 if you are AP2.5) and maybe ask about the policy.

I second this ..I just got a new 100D with the 17.36 and would like the 17.42 ...Don't all the cars get the firmware once it's approved ?
Seems they would have put in the latest at the factory ..The car was built less than 30 days ago .
I'll try the HQ support tomorrow ..

I wonder if that’s just their rule to save time/speed things up at that location? I had firmware updated when I had my car processed last week (at my request), but this could be something new.

You might call HQ Customer Support and ask about having them push 17.42 (or 17.4.21 if you are AP2.5) and maybe ask about the policy.
FWIW last time on 2017.28 to 2017.34 I raised a huge stink to 2 service centers, the 1-800 number, and to the email support form to get 2017.34 in time for a road trip. Even complained about safety issues in 2017.28 due to lack of 2 cars ahead radar braking. Zero luck -- every avenue told me to wait for the update to be delivered and they will not manually push it.

I know others have had better luck with this, but at this point I won't bother to ask anymore. It's been a waste of time every time. For whatever reason my new Tesla always seems at the tail end of rollouts. I'm still on 2017.34.

FWIW last time on 2017.28 to 2017.34 I raised a huge stink to 2 service centers, the 1-800 number, and to the email support form to get 2017.34 in time for a road trip. Even complained about safety issues in 2017.28 due to lack of 2 cars ahead radar braking. Zero luck -- every avenue told me to wait for the update to be delivered and they will not manually push it.

I know others have had better luck with this, but at this point I won't bother to ask anymore. It's been a waste of time every time. For whatever reason my new Tesla always seems at the tail end of rollouts. I'm still on 2017.34.

That's too bad. :( When you do get updates, is it at least the newest one once you can download?

It would have been a blessing to skip the previous to latest (today's update). That broke Homelink for everyone that I know.

The updates appear to be in full swing now. I would guess all covered in 2-3 more days.

Relax, let the folks that were picked first find the bugs. Let tesla focus on the real problem cars that are in the shops.

Last go around I was on the first day. This time somewhere in the middle (about 20 min ago).

Last edited:
That's too bad. :( When you do get updates, is it at least the newest one once you can download?

It would have been a blessing to skip the previous to latest (today's update). That broke Homelink for everyone that I know.

Nope. But it’s probably a good thing. I got 2017.34 as 2017.36 is rolling out. But as you said, it means I get to know about the kinks with the release before getting it on my car. It’s too bad they don’t make it user preference because I actually love the bleeding edge and would not mind being the canary for you guys!

Reactions: MXWing and brkaus
Nope. But it’s probably a good thing. I got 2017.34 as 2017.36 is rolling out. But as you said, it means I get to know about the kinks with the release before getting it on my car. It’s too bad they don’t make it user preference because I actually love the bleeding edge and would not mind being the canary for you guys!
Hmmm...Tesla may have a California to NY test next month they'd like you to perform... ;) You may have to sign a waiver first.