TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No recent VIN assignments?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by evforme, Jan 24, 2018.

1. mwenn1

mwenn1 Member

Received my VIN today 9308, got a call from Tesla to confirm my details as well. Black, 19" Sport wheels, no set delivery date yet, will be delivered in Tempe AZ. He did say the car is almost through production.

• Like x 6
    • Love x 1
  2. M3 2018

M3 2018 Member

Aeros

3. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

Nice congrats. I hope your model 3 does not have any major problems!

4. dunginhawk

dunginhawk Member

Des Moines, IA
    Owner
    Reserved online 5/17/17
    Invited 2/14/18
    Red/Aero/EAP/PUP/LR
    Vin 3/7/18 #71xx

• Like x 7
  5. babieblackcat

babieblackcat Member

Seattle, WA
    Model X owner
    I reserved mine on 2/2/18
    Config Invited on 2/14/18
    Ordered on 2/22/18
    Car ready on 3/7/18
    Red + Alloy Wheel
    Vin #97XX

• Like x 5
    • Love x 2
  6. Kipp

Kipp Member

Kind of interesting, from the invite spreadsheet, there were obviously 2 groups of VINs assigned today, lower numbers in the 6-7K range and numbers in the 9K range. (There are some outliers.) If you sort the table by VIN and then by VIN Assignement Date, you will see that most low VINs were 18" wheels and most high VINs were 19" wheels.

7. Waiting4M3

Waiting4M3 Active Member

so my WAG would be that the low VINs have been finished a while ago, just sitting waiting for a batch of 18" wheels, and the high VINs are fresh off the production line.

• Like x 1
  8. SgtLou02

SgtLou02 Member

No, the purchase agreement did I not change. It still only has the RN.

9. power-eq-iv

power-eq-iv Member

Great to see all the VINs issued. Kinda sad they skipped Orlando with the 2/22 blue/aero assignments (saw NJ and Miami). Maybe another batching/logositixs datapoint? Hoping for one today.

Cheers!

10. tropical1

tropical1 Member

I have VIN 6481 and I am still waiting on delivery. Not sure what happened as I was supposed to get car two weeks ago. May finally get it next week.

• Informative x 1
  11. avoigt

avoigt Active Member

So it looks like a larger batch of VINs went out and we may see more people reporting today. Clearly moving towards 10k now.

One of the cars around 97XX was reported from the service to be almost through production so its improving and we have 3 weeks to go for QE.

The highest I could find is from M3OC:

"Day 1 Reservation holder. At the time I made the reservation I was not a Tesla owner. In November I bought a Model S. I got an invite sometime in December but ordered 22-Feb-2018. I just got a VIN assigned a few minutes ago! Ordered Red Model 3 with Sport Wheels and EAP.VIN is 9808"

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

#532 ChrisH, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    So jealous. Wish I was a current owner. Reserved on 2/23/18. Probably won’t get a car for a year haha. Congrats! Hope to see you on the road around Seattle metro.

• Like x 1
  13. emlombardo

emlombardo Member

I got an updated purchase agreement once I finalized my trade details and passed along the financing info. That has the VIN plus the tax, etc..

• Informative x 2
  14. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

Got a VIN at exactly 3 week since order, and installed the outlet same day!

• Like x 4
  15. flyinghawaiian

Anyone else configured in Jan and still waiting for a VIN?

16. Nurkbonis

Nurkbonis Member

There is clearly something going on with the white paint... Rather it's coming up soon in the queue, and you just missed it when you ordered or they have a white paint issue.

I'm waiting on white paint as well but "only" ordered 2/15.

17. nwfan

nwfan Member

white as well. ordered 2/14 with 19" wheels. no vin and no word from Tesla.

18. McHoffa

McHoffa Active Member

You You Xue (Model 3 road trip) showed a few pictures of his white paint being inconsistent on two different panels (rear bumper and rear fender). I am guessing that the white has something going on with it.

I can't find the specific posts about it, but here is one photo that shows what he meant. It was like this in all lighting conditions and visible in person, so it's not a shadow or anything. I'm guessing most people would rather the car take a few weeks longer than end up with this.

[​IMG]

• Informative x 2
  19. Nurkbonis

Nurkbonis Member

#539 Nurkbonis, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Could very well be the issue. I just wish Tesla would tell those with white cars on order that there is a production delay and if they pick another color, it'll get instant VIN assignment or something like that or they can wait. They'd likely never do that due to bad press but it'd be th right thing to do. I'd likely switch colors if I knew white was going to be delayed forever.

20. prijicrw

prijicrw Member

Yikes! White/Aero 2/4, no VIN

• Like x 1