Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No recent VIN assignments?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was assigned a VIN last night. I’d expect to get a call from Tesla today but so far nothing.

Like someone else said - I have a feeling they're timing this all out to deliver as many cars as possible in this quarter. VIN assign and send out the central/east coast ones first. The west coast cars can wait until the last week to get VIN and delivered but still hit quarterly delivery.

Got VIN 986x last night. Blue,19", Ordered 3/31 11:05am, invite/configured 2/28, taking delivery in Portland OR, non-owner. The DS said it should be in Portland on 3/14, but I don't have a delivery date yet.
Also got VIN last night for red Aero will go to Portland. No ETA on when it would arrive though for me yet. Just said it was getting ready to transport. Maybe they will ride to Portland together.

Reactions: Starno and McHoffa
Got VIN 986x last night. Blue,19", Ordered 3/31 11:05am, invite/configured 2/28, taking delivery in Portland OR, non-owner. The DS said it should be in Portland on 3/14, but I don't have a delivery date yet.
5 minutes ahead of you, nothing yet!!!!!! Maybe they like Visa better than Amex and they are punishing me for using Amex? Maybe they don't like msn.com email? Maybe I have only checked 3,825 times and you did more? Arrrrrgh! Maybe they want me to have Vin 10,000! That must be it!

Could it be because I have a Ridgefield Washington address? Obviously PDX would be my store and service center.

Last edited:
5 minutes ahead of you, nothing yet!!!!!! Maybe they like Visa better than Amex and they are punishing me for using Amex? Maybe they don't like msn.com email? Maybe I have only checked 3,825 times and you did more? Arrrrrgh! Maybe they want me to have Vin 10,000! That must be it!

Could it be because I have a Ridgefield Washington address? Obviously PDX would be my store and service center.
You order Aeros? He had sport wheels it appears.

Also got VIN last night for red Aero will go to Portland. No ETA on when it would arrive though for me yet. Just said it was getting ready to transport. Maybe they will ride to Portland together.

So you received a call from Tesla today? I also got my VIN last night but haven’t heard anything from Tesla today. Anyone else that got a VIN last night receive a call from Tesla today?

Also 15 mins from factory. No VIN. 32 days.

Which makes perfect sense. No reason to be giving people that close to the factory VINs yet. They can easily wait another week and still deliver in the quarter. I think the last two weeks of the quarter is going to be all Bay Area people (hey, it's the 30th. Here's your VIN, can you pick it up tomorrow?)