Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NoA GPS Issue on NJ Turnpike

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I am on NoA, and nearing my exit, my Model 3 decides to change lane in opposite direction. So instead of changing lane to right in order to exit, it always changes lane to left. This happens only on NJ Turnpike and works fine on other highways. Any idea?

When I am on NoA, and nearing my exit, my Model 3 decides to change lane in opposite direction. So instead of changing lane to right in order to exit, it always changes lane to left. This happens only on NJ Turnpike and works fine on other highways. Any idea?

This is N.J., home of the jughandle. We can’t expect Californian programmers to understand going right to turn left. Those are the guys who brought us suicide lanes!

• Funny
Reactions: larmor
Drove the NJ Tpk (south bound) from Newark Airport to Exit 1 (Delaware Memorial Bridge) on 4/12 NoA was flawless. However exit 1 used far left hand side of toll plaza for E ZPass express lanes. I'll nav to 8A northbound on my way back later this week and see if it happens there. 2018 MX 75D 2019.8.5

I've experienced something similar. There's a highway that terminates at a "T" junction with a normal surface street near where I live. When I reach that point, I turn left, from either the leftmost or middle lane. (The highway widens out from two lanes to three shortly before this point, too, with the extra lane appearing on the left.) When I approach this point with NoA active, it tries to navigate over to the rightmost (right-turn-only) lane, despite the fact that I must turn left. I've only had the car for a bit over two weeks, so I've only done this approach with NoA active two or three times, and I've always terminated it at this point.

As a meta-comment, I'm not impressed with NoA. Well, I am from a technological point of view; but I find that using it increases my stress level, particularly when I approach interchanges, since it tries to do something crazy half the time. (Then too, maybe it's just trying to fit in to the local Boston-area driving culture.) To be sure, I don't regret buying FSD, since I expect NoA and related features to improve in the not-too-distant future; but I've been using them mainly to familiarize myself with them at this point. If I want a smoother drive, I turn off NoA.

Reactions: ForeverFree