Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owner config invites have begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that looking at the spreadsheet no "non-owners" from Arizona who were in line first day got invites. I have a Mar-May timeframe and was in line at 1:30pm. Thinking that means it's not just based on the really early line waiters or we would see some from all states where you could line up.
I’m an AZ prior owner and got my car about three weeks ago. But AZ was seemingly skipped over while owners all across the Eastern US were configuring and getting cars. Tesla’s alleged plan to start in CA and go gradually East fell apart early.

I assume that’s what non owners will now be observing except some reports indicate it’s a total crap shoot and not even CA residents are going first as a group.

What time did you book ? You may be one of the last to be able to configure today.

I booked at 3:30 pm or so (loong queue, 700+) - can't configure.

Incidentally went to the local store to checkout the Model 3 - and the salesperson said they had opened the configuration for non-owners today !

I think it was around 4pm. I'm a bit hazy on the details, since it was like 2 years ago! I'm sure we arrived at the mall before noon. Then we waited in line for 5 hours before we were able to put down our deposit. I hope you get to configure soon.

Cool, so far 80 TMC spreadsheet non-owners have received invites as of today and updated their record. Wonder what percentage TMC represents in the bigger scheme of things. Congrats all you guys. Always fun to see the excitement in people's posts when they get the invite and configure.

Checked the spreadsheet again (now 9:16pm) and 105 non-owners have received invites. I'm sure there are people who haven't checked their email or their MyTesla account or haven't seen the news anywhere that prompted them to check.

Am I wrong to be super frustrated that I haven't been invited when:

I'm an owner
and
Skipped work to stand in line and reserve in store at opening?

You need to call them and check on your reservation. You should have already been invited. Have you check your MyTesla account? Are you seeing your Model 3 there? Not everyone was getting emails. I know in our case even though we ordered in store with an OA, we didn't see our Model 3 appear in our account. Something got messed up and once it got corrected we got to see both cars in our account and then when they did the first update we got our original delivery estimate. Other people found out that they had 2 different emails listed and one got put under one car and the other under the Model 3. As a result they weren't considered owners so didn't get the preference. They should fix it for you and you should get an invite in a few days of it being corrected. Good luck.

I did check my Tesla account many times. My model S is showing up on the same page as my model 3 reservation, so I do believe it's linked. The email address in my account is also the same as my login email.
I also called them just last week and they said there was no issue (although I think the guy was annoyed of people calling and just wanted to get me off the line).
I'll see what they say tomorrow. Thanks!

You need to call them and check on your reservation. You should have already been invited. Have you check your MyTesla account? Are you seeing your Model 3 there? Not everyone was getting emails. I know in our case even though we ordered in store with an OA, we didn't see our Model 3 appear in our account. Something got messed up and once it got corrected we got to see both cars in our account and then when they did the first update we got our original delivery estimate. Other people found out that they had 2 different emails listed and one got put under one car and the other under the Model 3. As a result they weren't considered owners so didn't get the preference. They should fix it for you and you should get an invite in a few days of it being corrected. Good luck.

Not and owner, line waiter, reserved just after 11:00 am so i'm probably within the first 100 to 150 reservations at the Portland, OR store-- and there's only one store in Oregon. I find it a little annoying looking at the Model 3 invite spreadsheet and seeing that one of the non-owner Portland, OR invites went to someone who placed an online reservation at 11pm that night. Makes me think that they aren't sending out invites in the order that the reservations were made. It is what it is, but I find it a little annoying.

And yes, i've checked my Tesla account multiple times today. Including just last minute.

Pleased to see the progress. Enjoy your Model 3.

Tesla sent a reminder email for me to configure recently. That was appreciated since I had the opportunity to configure since last December. I clicked the "Hold My Place" button again to remind Tesla that I am not ordering at this time.

Wow! Non-owner line waiter in Boston Prudential - perhaps 75th in line? or 100th? Can configure! (no email)

Wow.. Congratz! Thanks for the update. Glad to see some non-owner invites from Boston. I did online reservation from Boston on 3/31 so it could be a while to get mine.. but it feels very relieved to see non-owners invites and that too not based on region priority. Hopefully now I can see some Model 3s on road :)