Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owner config invites have begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No email, but checked and I can configure!!! First day line waiter in SoCal, approximately #500+ in line. So nervous now.
What time did you book ? You may be one of the last to be able to configure today.

I booked at 3:30 pm or so (loong queue, 700+) - can't configure.

Incidentally went to the local store to checkout the Model 3 - and the salesperson said they had opened the configuration for non-owners today !

I had a friend make a second reservation After that batch of invites seemed to show that all current owners were invited. His new reservation does NOT have access to configure.

He has only ever owned one car, and does have a reservation from 3/31 (online) that is able to configure. So it's also possible that his priority is used up on that first one, but I think there were other examples of this not being the case. So I think owner priority is finished for any new reservations.

Have owner friend that did same thing last week. No invite today...

Interesting that looking at the spreadsheet no "non-owners" from Arizona who were in line first day got invites. I have a Mar-May timeframe and was in line at 1:30pm. Thinking that means it's not just based on the really early line waiters or we would see some from all states where you could line up.

Cool, so far 80 TMC spreadsheet non-owners have received invites as of today and updated their record. Wonder what percentage TMC represents in the bigger scheme of things. Congrats all you guys. Always fun to see the excitement in people's posts when they get the invite and configure.

Ill have to enter on sheet sometime. New York non-owner 3/31 online reservation with no invite yet. Mar-may delivery estimate. Checking every hour!

Does anybody know how often the invites go out? Is it daily? Twice a week???
I reserved 3/31 at about 12:30 PM at the Palo Alto store... still no invite and not able to configure on their website.

They have sent them out through the day in batches. Not sure if they send out over a few days or not though because not every one has received an email notifying them, a lot just checked their MyTelsa and find out they could configure (we did get an email but after we already saw we were had the invite). So invites went out today, 2/22. Prior to that 2/14, prior to that I'd say 2/4. This is from the spreadsheet, so looks like every two weeks more or less. Production has supposedly picked up from what Elon said during the quarterly earnings report (think 1,000 a week range) and we should expect that to increase once the battery automatic line arrives sometime in March and gets going...hoping to reach 5,000 a week a bit down the road.

Also from what I observed about the non-owner invites being reported on the spreadsheet, they've been in-store reservations from 3/31 with the exception of 1 online res and 1 4/1 res (both of those from a Calif person).

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Petesjca
Cool, so far 80 TMC spreadsheet non-owners have received invites as of today and updated their record. Wonder what percentage TMC represents in the bigger scheme of things. Congrats all you guys. Always fun to see the excitement in people's posts when they get the invite and configure.
Seems to have run TMC spreadsheet represents 1 out of 10 with configs. Would love to know if someone has better data as well.

prior to getting the invite what used to be the delivery window.? Anyone recall?

My delivery window in April-June, in east coast, day 1 reservations at around 1 pm and mine hasn't changed yet

Tail end owner --2/14 invite--our last updated window was March - May and had we gone with First Production would have had it delivered in March if not sooner as we are also Calif so just a drive up to Fremont for us. Prior to that it was Dec - Feb. so based on that and the updated one, I think they are pretty good on the delivery window from what I've seen. You can also look for this info on the spreadsheet.

While there were a ton of 3/31 reservations, a good amount of those were owners who have been taken care of as Tesla promised one way or another (1st prod or deferred). The spreadsheet is great (thanks again guys for setting it up) since it breaks out owners from non-owners.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: elasalle
Interesting that looking at the spreadsheet no "non-owners" from Arizona who were in line first day got invites. I have a Mar-May timeframe and was in line at 1:30pm. Thinking that means it's not just based on the really early line waiters or we would see some from all states where you could line up.

FYI...A line waiter non owner that reserved at Scottsdale said he got the invite on another thread. So AZ wasn’t skipped over.