Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owner config invites have begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright... No invites last week, 2,000+ new VINs registered this week, it's 'invite Wednesday'...

knuckle-cracking.gif

Let's get crackin'.

Any expectation of when they push out invites? Being west coast think it is a person triggering these at 9 am or something? Any sense from prior month batches?

Refreshing every 30 min today and tomorrow...hope we get something

I have hired a Mechanical Turk to refresh the page all day and text me the second an invite is detected.

Is there a number on how many line waiters there were, and how many have been invited or configured?
Other than the tracker sheet, no.

My napkin math says there was around 100 Tesla locations where lines formed in 2016, and I would guess the *average* line had about 200 people? The idea I get around here is most line waiters up to about 10:30 got an invite already (stores usually opened at 10). Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine.

Reactions: scrapps
Other than the tracker sheet, no.

My napkin math says there was around 100 Tesla locations where lines formed in 2016, and I would guess the *average* line had about 200 people? The idea I get around here is most line waiters up to about 10:30 got an invite already (stores usually opened at 10). Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine.
Is your napkin made in US only? or an international model?

• Funny
Reactions: PoitNarf
Is there a number on how many line waiters there were, and how many have been invited or configured?
As far as the number of line waiters, when the initial reveal started they said there had been a total 115K reservations. At that time I think the online reservations had been open for an hour or so. Given that info I'd guesstimate at about 100K in-store/line waiters worldwide. How many have been invited would probably be less than 10K and of those maybe 3K have actually done so.

All of the above is a complete WAG so take it with a grain of salt or two.

How many have been invited would probably be less than 10K and of those maybe 3K have actually done so.

I'm pretty sure this estimate is very low. They have certainly invited more than 10K people. And it is nearly certain that more than 3K people have configured. Wouldn't be much point in VINs over 12K if not.

EDIT: I suppose the number is lower when considering owners. But remember that many, many owners were also line-waiters.