Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owner config invites have begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meanwhile my car gets closer and closer to this happening everyday without an invite....

View attachment 288341
Ya, my 2010 A4 only made it to 94k miles before i had to dump it, Was drinking ~1 qt of oil every 500miles, had the notorious turbo waste gate issue, Had to replace the injectors (also not covered under the extended 100k warranty) and the blower stopped working. They wouldn't do any repairs under the class action suit because I had my car flashed.... That car was supposed to last me until my 3 came, had to lease another car to make it..

What changed that has you thinking this now and not before?

Did some comparative shopping with cars in this price range. I see the EV future and although I want to embrace it soon, I am just starting to feel like I am giving too much up for an EV. The low end luxury sedan market is very competitive with many great cars to choose from. I have never been afraid to embrace new technology but it this case it just may be too early. Sitting on the fence right now.

Did some comparative shopping with cars in this price range. I see the EV future and although I want to embrace it soon, I am just starting to feel like I am giving too much up for an EV. The low end luxury sedan market is very competitive with many great cars to choose from. I have never been afraid to embrace new technology but it this case it just may be too early. Sitting on the fence right now.
EV isn't for everyone at this time for sure. Don't feel obligated to buy a Tesla if it doesn't work for you. The M3 LR+PUP is probably not in the low end of the luxury market, and not what you're looking for. There is nothing wrong with waiting for the right car, it's a major purchase, you want something you can be happy with for a long time.

Looks like Canadian owners are beginning to receive configuration invites. I'm a bit peeved to say the least.
Do you mean reports on Reddit like this one? I don't feel to bad since it's a previous owner. I'm 1st online reservation non-owner, I think it's fair for owners and in-store reservations in other country to get some love and not wait till 2019.

Reactions: ValueAnalyst

I know this isn't really the place, but if the S&X can manage demand of 100K per year, at significantly higher price points, in segments way less popular, than the 3 can manage demand for 500K easy.

I just received email invite but I can’t configure yet! I am going white but not sure
Of wheels yet! HELP!!!!!!!
Maybe they're balancing out the karma from previously letting folks configure hours or days before the email came through? :) That, or they're trying to thin the pool by causing aneurysms among some of us by teasing a configuration opening before it exists. :)

Yes. Sorry, it was Rocklin. I got there between 7:30 and 8:00 am thinking that I was early. Ended up about 200 back in line out of (like you mentioned) 500 or so people who were there at 10am. It was after Noon before I got in the door to place my deposit, so you were likely ahead of me in line.

I've had an account registered on the Tesla website since 2010, and my new location is Tesla owner central. I'm not sure what factors (beyond the deposit date/time) went into when I received the invitation.

Do you have any theory why they would have jumped you ahead like that?
Did you call someone and ask to let you configure?
Did you fill out some form in the store after you reserved?
Did you take a Model S test drive?
It seems like there is some magic that is jumping some people ahead. Like those people who ordered online in San Diego who got to configure before people who waited in line at the store.

I have no idea how I got in early, just thankful I did. I've been a long time subscriber at Tesla.com (or teslamotors.com or whatever it was back then), and I now live in an area with hundreds of Tesla's running around, which might help. My son's name is Elon...that might help.:)

• Funny
Reactions: UZJedi
The plot continues to thicken, as us March-May folks have not been even close to fully invited. First Canada jumps the line, and now the US estimates are coming in out of order? In any event, congrats to you!
I hear there are still line-waiters in SF Bay Area who haven't been invited yet. It could have to do with the 2 brand new delivery centers at Marina Del Rey and San Diego vs the total # of reservations in SoCal. Bay Area may just be too congested with reservations.

I hear there are still line-waiters in SF Bay Area who haven't been invited yet. It could have to do with the 2 brand new delivery centers at Marina Del Rey and San Diego vs the total # of reservations in SoCal. Bay Area may just be too congested with reservations.

Could be. And I'm in Colorado, where we have a nice delivery center but it's nowhere near the size of the CA locations.

The plot continues to thicken, as us March-May folks have not been even close to fully invited. First Canada jumps the line, and now the US estimates are coming in out of order? In any event, congrats to you!
Getting incredible irked by all these exceptions to the queue. First Oct to Jan, then Dec to Feb, now Mar to may, still no invite. what's next delay going to be?!