Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owner config invites have begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Sweet OJ
We (USA reservation holders) might have a little longer to wait...
Tesla starts Model 3 launch in Canada, confirms starting price at $45,600 CAD

ohno1.gif

No, if I recall, there were a few people that received invites that originally had an April-June Delivery Estimator time frame. That's the one I was referring to. What I'm getting at is if they received their invites sooner than originally anticipated.
ok, yes to that also. I was listed as Late 2018 when I got my invite. Much sooner than anticipated.

Reactions: atlas310
ok, yes to that also. I was listed as Late 2018 when I got my invite. Much sooner than anticipated.

Do you have any theory why they would have jumped you ahead like that?
Did you call someone and ask to let you configure?
Did you fill out some form in the store after you reserved?
Did you take a Model S test drive?
It seems like there is some magic that is jumping some people ahead. Like those people who ordered online in San Diego who got to configure before people who waited in line at the store.

How many have been invited would probably be less than 10K and of those maybe 3K have actually done so.

I'm pretty sure this estimate is very low. They have certainly invited more than 10K people.
I agree that they've invited more than 10K people. I was only referring to line waiters though so that didn't include employees or probably most owners who have been invited.

We (USA reservation holders) might have a little longer to wait... lets hope they continue with US invites too

Tesla starts Model 3 launch in Canada, confirms starting price at $45,600 CAD

Then the $12,000-$13,000CDN LR option, paint and shipping fees put the car at about $60,000+ with a cloth interior, no sunroof, no heated steering wheel and manual seats. If a Ford government gets in for Ontario the $14,000 EV credit will be gone. This is sure making the Infiniti Q50 look really good. Might just have to cancel my reservation. The savings on the car will pay for a lot of gas.

Last edited:
Then the $12,000-$13,000CDN LR option, paint and shipping fees put the car at about $60,000+ with a cloth interior, no sunroof, no heated steering wheel and manual seats. If a Ford government gets in for Ontario the $14,000 EV credit will be gone. This is sure making the Infiniti Q50 look really good. Might just have to cancel my reservation. The savings on the car will pay for a lot of gas.

Are you really surprised by this price? Considering exchange rates, it is almost identical to the US price.

We don't need any of that optimism here..... I want to check but am afraid of the crushing "Next Steps" rejection...
Well, as the day rolls on, you can avoid that particular flavor of disappointment by experiencing a diffused variant of it vicariously through this forum when you notice A) very few to no "I got my invite!" posts or B) more than a handful of "no invite yet" posts. ;)