Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owner config invites have begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you worried you've been "Black-Listed" ?

That may be a pun, but I am starting to wonder for real.
I still can't configure. Maybe they singled out people who posted in the Alcantara removal thread and put us in some sort of order hold status?

When I see that they are letting Canadians configure now, as well as people who ordered online in April, it really feels like they have skipped over me and moved on.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
That may be a pun, but I am starting to wonder for real.
I still can't configure. Maybe they singled out people who posted in the Alcantara removal thread and put us in some sort of order hold status?

When I see that they are letting Canadians configure now, and people who ordered online in April it really feels like they have skipped over me and moved on.

Ordered in April? Imagine how those who waited in line before the reveal feel without invites still.

So they will try to hit 300 cars a day and then pull the extrapolate line like they did last quarter. Seems publicity stuntish.
No they will blow past 300/day and keep going

“We set high goals at Tesla, but I know we can do this,” Field wrote. “If we keep climbing from 300 through the end of the week, it will be an incredible victory. Your friends and family will hear about it in the news.”​

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
No they will blow past 300/day and keep going

“We set high goals at Tesla, but I know we can do this,” Field wrote. “If we keep climbing from 300 through the end of the week, it will be an incredible victory. Your friends and family will hear about it in the news.”​
I hope they are able to accomplish this feat, especially in this quarter.

Reactions: PoitNarf
I think there is a huge difference between saying we hit some burst rates that extrapolate to 1000 per week vs we produced 300 in each of the last few days so we expect to produce 2100 next week.
I think another important nuance is this:

"At the time of Field’s email, Tesla was making more than 200 Model 3 sedans a day on every line, he wrote"​

The bold part reads to me that the steady rate was >200/day (maybe 1500/wk?) as of last Fri 3/21 when the email was written.

I think if they can produce 300/day for a whole week this week, it should be treated as equivalent to "700 for the last 7 days in Dec", and not "the extrapolated 1000/wk" statement. As we suspect that Jan-Feb avg was ~700/wk, so I think it's safe to take the reported production total of this week as the baseline going forward.